Do I need Websphere to run WDSc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need Websphere to run WDSc?

Chuck, you need WebSphere Development Studio (WDS) on the iSeries to use WDSC. But WDS (5722WDS) is going to be on your machine if you have any compilers. I'm pretty sure when you ask about WebSphere you mean WebSphere Application Server (WAS), which is not needed. I'd be interested to know which PTF is not applying correctly, though, since WDSC doesn't care much about WAS. Joe

Joe, Thanks for the response. After a call to IBM we found out there's a WDSc server on the iSeries (item 60 on install programs). Once we installed that piece everything worked fine. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Joe Pluta" wrote in message news:6b33a72f.0@WebX.WawyahGHajS... > Chuck, you need WebSphere Development Studio (WDS) on the iSeries to use > WDSC. But WDS (5722WDS) is going to be on your machine if you have any > compilers. I'm pretty sure when you ask about WebSphere you mean WebSphere > Application Server (WAS), which is not needed. I'd be interested to know > which PTF is not applying correctly, though, since WDSC doesn't care much > about WAS. > > Joe

Comment

I've installed version 6 of WDSc on my PC. I then installed all of the updates to WDSc. I then run the Rational program and that seems to work, up to a point. When I try to compile a simple CL program it says I don't have all of the PTFs on the iSeries. No problem, I download the recommend PTFs. Unfortunately one is superseded and one can't be loaded because the iSeries tells me that the product for the PTF is not installed on the iSeries. I suspect that the second PTF is for Websphere (I haven't read the cover letter yet). That brings me to this question: Does Websphere need to be installed to run WDSc? If so then that will kill any thoughts of using WDSc because there's not a chance that we'll ever use Websphere here. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.

Comment

That's 5722WDS option 60, the workstation tools feature of 5722WDS. Thanks for pointing that out, Chuck; some people might not install that piece automatically. Joe

Comment

Working...
        X