Yet another IE "feature"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another IE "feature"

I'm a bad guy, right? I want mess with somebody or steal info, right? Now lets see what application, system , users , ? ,? ,? I can get the most results for my effort. Wait, every one is now using Gjgjhgsjhgsd. I better divert my efforts to Gjghgsjhgsd. Wait, I'm just a hired hand trying to do my job and sometimes I look around to see whats going on in my world extended. Seems to me that this discussion turned into, If I may borrow a phrase, "much ado about nothing".

Comment

Yet another IE "feature"

I think it's safe to say that Shakespeare would have been overwhelmed with the tribute. rd

Comment

Yet another IE "feature"

if you research the Document Object Model, you'll find that many basic business functions simply aren't available in Gecko (such as changing events on the fly).
        Regarding "changing events on the fly", I think you can do this in Mozilla browsers, and perhaps in I.E. too by canceling "bubbling" and returning "false" from your event handler to void the event in question, then dispatching a new event to replace the one you just cancelled. For example, to dispatch a new keyboard event you could use something like the following: evt = document.createEvent("KeyboardEvent"); evt.initKeyboardEvent(modifiable parameter list...); target.dispatchEvent(evt); It may take some fiddling with the code to show a working example, but it seems to me that DOM Level 3 provides an interface for changing mouse and keyboard events. Nathan.DOM Level-3 Event Specs

Comment

Yet another IE "feature"

Some people are perhaps a bit tired of learning about newly discovered security exploits in MS Internet Explorer. However, if you do choose to use IE, you still need to be aware of these things. An article at the Inquirer describes how some simple JavaScript supported by IE can allow a web site to read the contents of your clipboard. Fortunately, a workaround is offered. (This time, the workaround is not to switch browsers.) Cheers! Hans

Comment

Working...
          X