iseries(as/400) time share companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iseries(as/400) time share companies

hi Paula, I was hoping you would get an authoritative reply before this but apparently not to come. I did the same search recently and yes, the one site has stopped being updated. I had a slow exchange of an email with another but didn't make any progress getting an account, but didn't keep trying either. I was able to adjust my plans and use my current web host for my new project so I've deferred getting an account for now. Hopefully a current timesharer can jump in here and shed some light. rd

netshare400.com have used it for almost a year. they just added another iseries. only cost $40 for 3 months on a v5r2 machine. reliable, great deal and they reply w/ answers in a timely manner.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Jim! rd

Comment

I've been using timeshare400.com's system for 3 months now for the same reason (my firm was at 4.5 and not moving). There have been a couple of rare occasion where I had trouble getting on, but most of the time it's been there. I'd done a lot of websphere on the box with no problems. They have a monthly fee and an annual fee of 120$. Good luck Jim Hudson

Comment

I have been using NetShare/400 for going on six (6) years and have never had any trouble. John Ross will bend over backwards to help you in anyway with the system, questions and probably help work out your marital problems... just kidding... Great site, some may be cheaper but none better.... Grady Abernathy

Comment

Does anybody know if virtual400 is still in business? I am looking for an iSeries where I can get back to working on the coding skills that I'm losing because the job I'm in doesn't allow me to really use them. I know about virtual400, timeshare400, and netshare400. I noticed that the websiste news for virtual400 hasn't been updated in a long time.

Comment

Virtual400 is still in business. I've found the service stable but sometimes support can be a little slow (and your right thier website hasn't been updated in a while!). If you're just trying to do normal programming stuff to keep up your skills it is probably a good choice. However, if you start pushing the envelope then I've found it difficult in getting sufficient help to get DRDA, certain Java things, etc. setup. Due to the security constraints you're pretty restricted in what you can do without help. I was also on NetShare400 for a while and I thought it was a good service.

Comment

Working...
              X