Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And now for something completly different!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now for something completly different!

Since nearly all of Holland is historic it would be interesting to know what the original street names were. Did certain historic figures fall out of favor? Dave

I've seen that industrial park in person. It is modern. Actually, one thing that's very noticable about NL is how modern the entire country is. Cheers! Hans

Comment

Do you have any photos? It would be fun to see a street sign.

Comment

Here's an interesting curiosity in the Netherlands. North American computer programmers might not be aware of a particular industrial park north of the old historic city of Amersfoort. The interesting thing about this area is the way they named the streets. Some streets are named after programming languages, such as Cobolweg, Basicweg, Algolweg, and Fortranweg. ("weg" in Dutch means "way".) Other streets are named after other computer terms: Computerweg, Outputweg, Modemweg, etc. Link to map. Cheers! Hans

Comment

During this trip in 1997, we were staying in a hotel not far from here. I didn't really want any photos of the signs in an otherwise boring industrial park, but my significant other insisted. Cheers! Hans

Comment

nandelin15 wrote: > > Do you have any photos? It would be fun to see a street sign. I found this page http://www.dibevo.nl/adres.htm showing a street sign with Terminalweg and Computerweg. (At the very bottom of the page.)

Comment

Working...
            X