Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking batch jobs in a subsystem to see which was the last to complete.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking batch jobs in a subsystem to see which was the last to complete.

One approach that comes to mind is to use the Job Notification Exit Point of i5/OS. This allows you to register a *DTAQ where messages can be sent (by subsystem) for, among other things, when jobs end. For further information see the Information Center under Programming/APIs/APIs by category/Work Management and then Job Notification.

Tracking batch jobs in a subsystem to see which was the last to complete.

Hello All, I work in Operations. We run production batch jobs at night on multiple systems and after all jobs have completed we end the subsystems and then send out an email status summary. We run many jobs and would like to know which was the last job to complete in each and every subsystem. Does a subsystem have a joblog that would provide this information? Another way of skinning this cat would be to perform a DSPLOG command for each and every job submitted and executed, however, this could be done but there are several jobs and this would be time consuming, (then again, several batch jobs may not be too much pain). I already use this command to get quick start and end times for subsystem, backup job and production batch job start and end times, as displayed below; DSPLOG PERIOD((150000 051606)) JOB(jobname1 jobname2 jobname3 jobname4 jobname5) MSGID(CPF1124 CPF1164) From what I could determine, this command's JOB keyword would only accept 5 keyword parameter values, limiting me to seeing only 5 jobs stats at a time. Again, if I could see a joblog (or some similar method) for the production subsystems that would display which job completed last that would be a great help. I tried doing a WRKJOB for the subsystem after it had ended and I did not seem to find a cut and dry joblog like a regular batch or interactive job has. Am I missing something? If some one could point me in the right direction or offer a resolution, I will be highly grateful. Thank you all in advance. Robert

Comment

Working...
    X