Lost in the confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost in the confusion

plus, from what I've read Dave, continues to allow the wide open L-1 loophole. I'm all for a process that provides for qualified people such as programmers and their spouses and children to immigrate as US citizens, but the current visa process is essentially little more than corporate indentured labor, with corporations pumping money at lawmakers for more. rd

Lost in the confusion

Among minor provisions in the senate immigration bill, is small print which would:
    1. Raise the H1-B visa cap from the current 65,000 back to 115,000.
    2. Exempt certain individuals from being counted in the cap at all!
    Naturally, this was not made known to the press. Fortunatly the house bill intends to remove these provisions. OTOH the end result is a mystery. The only way to ensure a stable H1-B cap is to write to your representatives, and let them know how you feel. Dave

Comment

Lost in the confusion

One of the many things that bothers me about this whole process is the rhetoric surrounding it. While much has been made of the plight of day laborers, and migrant farm workers, nothing, not even lip service, has been mentioned about illegal corporate workers. Many of us are personally aware of corporate workers whose visa may have expired. After all an H1-B is only good for a maximum of three years, and is not an avenue to any other sort of worker program. What I suspect is that there was always a hidden agenda here. This was never a conservative issue. The fact that the bill was proposed by a conservative administration makes for dubious speculations. The possibility exists that publicizing the downtrodden and exploited illegal immigrant was a smokescreen for the true purpose behind this piece of legislative sausage. That is to permanently suppress wages in corporate offices, hospitals, and other areas throughout the U.S. Let the whole picture be known, and then submit it to a vote. Dave

Comment

Working...
      X