A little bragging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little bragging

Bently, I used to play in a golf league on Wednesdays after work. During daylight savings we could easily get in 9 holes. Some of the guys played only so they could drink a beer per hole! Since I don't like beer it made it easy for me to win the league. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "bentley.pearson" wrote in message news:6b3a1f7d.14@WebX.WawyahGHajS... >I hate to hear about your back. Yep, golf is NOT a "red neck" sport! LOL. >Fees. Our CC dues are 150.00 a month. And that does not include BEER.

Comment

A little bragging

Chuck said: "I played on the golf team in high school and loved it. Played golf from noon to dusk every day. I had to give up golf when my doctor told me it was killing my back. I miss it, but don't miss the drain on my wallet." Doesn't everyone have a hobby that drains money from the wallet? I play golf about 6 times a year, would like to play more. I get the driving range more often that than, I can handle $5 for a bucket of balls. I take my 2 small children to the practice putting green too, that's free and entertains them for an hour. Ok, ok, the snack bar is another $10. Chris

Comment

A little bragging

Chris asked: "Doesn't everyone have a hobby that drains money from the wallet? " Well, right now it's the kids. Funny how as they get older they get more expensive, much more! I have one in public grad school (UCSB, no scholarship), one at an expensive private school (partial athletic scholarship) and one in high school. All have their own car and car insurance. Five people on auto insurance is over $8k per year alone! Add school housing, fund raisers, etc. and I don't have anything left for a hobby. The eldest is in a grad program that runs 7am to 7pm daily (teaching credential and masters program at the same time). Yet she has still found time for an 8 hour per week job. The middle one has 20 hours per week of softball practice, 10 hours per week weight training and 18 units of classes. She also found time to for a small job of Student Athlete Mentoring. The youngest one finds time to work at the local movie theaters. Yet, none of their working covers much more than gas at $60 per tankful. So, we're still footing the bill for their activities. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.

Comment

A little bragging

Some of you may know me as an old timer on this newsgroup. Well, hell, we're all old timers, eh? In any event, I've talked a little about one of my daughters who has played softball growing up since she was age 6 when she started in T-ball. Well, my little daughter has grown up and has just started her second year of college and that softball that she played all those years has paid off with a college scholarship. She had a fine first year as a scholar athlete at Loyola Marymount University here in Los Angeles. LMU is a division 1 school where the level of play is always high. As a freshman last year she started all games and was selected second team all conference. As proud as I am of her as an athlete I'm also proud of her academic accomplishments. LMU is considered one of the finest academic universities in the country. She ended her first year on the conference commissioner's honor roll, national honor roll and became a member of the Tri-beta honor society for science majors. As you can tell I'm very proud of my little girl and I wanted to share. As a result I'd like to hear about some of your stories about your children. ==Chuck==

Comment

A little bragging

Ouch! When I hear stories like this, it makes me thankful that my two kids are so far apart (one in 8th grade and one in kindergarten). The 8th grader should be out of college and married before the kindergartener ever sets foot in college! Joe

Comment

Working...
            X