Music Intros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Intros

Wow. Lotsa Pink Floyd, but The Wall and Money come to mind immediately (Money is the only rock song ever written in 7/4 time). Lotsa Zeppelin, as well, including Stairway, The Immigrant Song, Living Loving Maid, Ramble On, Black Dog, Rock and Roll... heck, it might be easier to list songs I CAN'T recognize by the first couple of bars. Maybe Aerosmith? Dream On. Sweet Emotion. Walk this Way. Pick your poison. In a lot of ways, that was a hallmark of the music I grew up with. Since it was primarily radio and albums, you associated bands with specific sounds. Back then, even Ted Nugent rocked: Cat Scratch Fever, Stranglehold. I could spend hours listing artists. Thanks for the memories! Joe

Music Intros

For guitar: The Vivaldi Guitar Concerto in A Major; Collected works of Hector Villa-Lobos. Dave

Comment

Music Intros

Here we go... Elvis Costello - Alison Billy Bragg - New England Arctic Monkeys - When The Sun Goes Down Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen In Love Editors - Munich and the beat goes on.... - Jan ps: I would have included something by The Ramones - but how can tell the difference when just listening 5 seconds????

Comment

Music Intros

My 20 year old son got an electric guitar as an early Christmas gift. He's been learning from people he knows who play guitar. Apparently, when learning to play electric guitar, one learns song intros but not the whole song. This brought to mind music or songs I recognize just from hearing the intro. I started a list of music and are wondering if any of you would like to add to the list. There's no requirement that you actually like the music or artist, just that you know it after hearing a few bars of the intro. Here's my list: Smoke On The Water, Deep Purple Mr. Bojangles, The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band It's My Life, Bon Jovi Samba Pa Ti, Santana Layla, Eric Clapton (Derek and the Dominoes) We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions, Queen House Of The Rising Son, The Animals Take Five, Dave Brubeck Tom.

Comment

Working...
        X