APPLE DROPS COMPUTERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APPLE DROPS COMPUTERS

The equivalent would be for IBM to drop Machines. What, International Business Modernization would make you happy? rd

APPLE DROPS COMPUTERS

Or what if they dropped the bidness, then they could be International Machines, yea, screw the Bidness, screw the Machines too, what about just International, no wait Intergalactic, but no, its already done: Websphere.

Comment

APPLE DROPS COMPUTERS

If the current trend continues, it may be quite appropriate for IBM to drop "Machines" from their name. If I recall correctly, hardware accounted for only $15 billion of their $90 billion revenue in 2005, of which the iSeries totaled only $2 billion. Global services accounted for $47 billion in revenue. We've all heard it before, but it bears repeating, that IBM is evolving into a services company - managing data centers for large corporations and government agencies, mostly in Western economies, while employing more technicians in countries like China and India. If you can't understand why IBM (on average) has been neglecting the System i platform, and letting the System i based ecosystem deteriorate, then get a copy of an IBM annual report to see what they're investing in. Many of us here don't like it. But we should at least understand what IBM is doing. Machines are becoming more of a commodity, while services continue to be an area where IBM wants to distinguish itself from the competition and grow. If you manage a data center or develop applications in a System i centric environment, IBM Rochester may treat you like a customer, but IBM New York may think of you more as competition. Nathan Andelin

Comment

APPLE DROPS COMPUTERS

With IPhone Apple drops computers, To counter this marketing genius named Steve IBM should add MUSEUM to its name also not only to its products. Yeah we've got it.. IBM MUSEUM, the worlds number one maker of obsolete computer products. This will create a new market to compete with the Sotheby house .

Comment

Working...
        X