X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing the new site

Is this thing on? Nice new digs. :woohoo:

Re:Testing the new site

Nice new site, but what's with them publicly posting my email address? It was not shown before and I believe I chose not to make it available previously. Now I can't even take it down. It's on all posts I made before the change.

Comment

Previously, I was able to click a single button to read any forum postings that I had not yet read. I am not able to find a similar function on the "improved" system, but I am able to post in green. Dave:angry:

Comment

Hey, nice green! :P The closest thing I can find at the moment is the 'recent posts' links. Week Since last visit Not quite the same, as it doesn't seem to track read/unread at the user level, at least as far as I can tell. But maybe there's some super secret feature for that.

Comment

And they said they would take down my email address, but yet it's still there on the main page listing of the subjects, and no one has responded to my email . . . . :angry:

Comment

Testing 1 2 3.... Test Test. Go to EDIT MY PROFILE and change your user name to something besides your email address. Chris PS: Wow. I've been posting in the MC Forums/the Old Bulletin Board since 1989. Now I'm back to being a rookie... Oh well! :S

Comment

I agree that "they" shouldn't be showing our email address if we asked for it not to be shown on the old version of the forum. I hope when they take down your email address, EDIguru, they take down everyone's, at least those who asked for it not to show on the olf forum. If we all have to ask individually to have our email address not show, there might be people who won't visit the new site for weeks or months, who don't know that their email address is out there for everyone to see. I thought I would just have to change my "User Name" in the change-profile section to get it not to show my email address, but to do that, I have to give this site tons of information that I don't want to give. Why is my work phone number important to this site?

Comment

I agree that "they" shouldn't be showing our email address if we asked for it not to be shown on the old version of the forum. I hope when they take down your email address, EDIguru, they take down everyone's, at least those who asked for it not to show on the olf forum. If we all have to ask individually to have our email address not show, there might be people who won't visit the new site for weeks or months, who don't know that their email address is out there for everyone to see. I thought I would just have to change my "User Name" in the change-profile section to get it not to show my email address, but to do that, I have to give this site tons of information that I don't want to give. Why is my work phone number important to this site?

Comment

I just put in a "dummy" phone number and it took it. I'm certainly not about to give out my work phone number either. Who knows, by next week my work phone number might be plastered all over for the whole world to see. I got one response from this site in response to my complaint saying they had taken down my email. I emailed back that it is still up, and have not heard another word.

Comment

I've been away from the iSeries since early 2006 and am just getting back onboard. What's with this new site? All of you joined in Dec 1969? I'm trying to get to the source code for Giuseppe Costagliola's TechTip series (Spooled Files and PDF) but all of the links from the articles are bad, as well as the code links in the forum posts. Is it just because I haven't been approved by a moderator yet? Doesn't seem likely. I found an archive for the Part 1 code elsewhere, but I really need the rest. Anyone have these? Thanks!

Comment

yes, phone numbers.

in the past three years, i have been notified by the VA, that they lost a laptop with my personally identifiable information (PII), the u.s. army informed me they lost a laptop with my PII on it, Macy's let me know that they lost a full backup that had my PII on it, i just call notified by the army reserve that they lost a laptop with my PII on it.

now people understand that when i fill out a form, i print it out and put it a folder so i know what "secret" (not me) identity i used on their particular website.

heck, i even pay full deposits on utilities just so i dont have to give my SS# to them. you know, the card with a unique 9-digit number that used to say "not for identification purposes".

-sarge

Comment

Welcome back to the i...A lot has changed since you went away prodigal son. A positive note for sure. One of the most popular features now is the i-9000 time-travel-server, loosely based on Sherman and Professor Peabody's Way-Back Machine. We all went back for the summer of 69, and when we woke up in December, we planned this future and created this website. All joined and then we had to take the bus back to here. Sorry. Dimentia from RRSS. RPG-related-stress-syndrome. Good Luck as Always..!!!

Comment

LOL! Some of the quantum effects must still persist--I'm a junior member again...

Comment

rejoice in thy youth

me too! only been here since the conception

oh well, it's nice to at least appear young, again.

-sarge

Comment

Working...
                            X