Shhhhhh...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shhhhhh...

This board has been very quiet lately...C'mon everybody get back on, get used to the new site...2008 isn't here yet. C'mon. Everybody? Anybody? Helllllooooooo? Shhh..I heard something.

Re:Shhhhhh...

I suspect some may be staying away until all the bugs are sorted out. For example, today I had to correct my profile information for the second time, and it still requires me to enter a US state. I didn't know which to choose, so I picked "Federated States of Micronesia". Also, uploading of an avatar image seems to be broken. Sadly, I hope it isn't true, but I suspect the "improvements" may have driven away some people for good. Cheers! Hans

Comment

i'm still here.....quit sobbing, now. ;>) keep waiting for the crowds to start rushing back in. -sarge

Comment

I sure don't want to start-up with you Hans...But your cynicism tends to precede your reputation. I'm not a doctor but all I have is patience. (Disclaimer: Sometimes, not always, most of the time, sometimes never, but generally.)

Comment

Cynicism? I tend to think of it as realism! B) But this site is working better than the first few days. So I'm sure the webmeisters are busy putting in long hours over the holidays working out all the kinks. Ooops, there's that cynicism again! One more difference that might be putting some people off is the requirement to log in every time you enter this site. The old site remembered who you were, but this one doesn't. Cheers! Hans

Comment

Realism...Yeah ok. a.k.a.(Slamming home the obvious). The only thing I don't envy about the Web'ers is that their "User" community is infinite...It's not like they can call the "Users" leader and say "Stay off this for a minute while we fix something." When they roll out their "new" app...Impact is rather...oh probably huge. No pressure I'm sure. Water off a ducks back huh guys/ladies?

Comment

Yea! Progress! I was finally able to update my profile! Joe

Comment

efnkay: I'm not sure what your point is. MCPressOnline paid good money for this new web site design. Did the designers warrant their pages as bug-free? (Look at the bottom of this page to see who did the design.) I would think that MCPressOnline wants to know if they got their money's worth. As things are now, the site works better than day one, but there are still things that don't work right. If the problems with the new site drive users away, that's money out of MCPressOnline's pocket. The way I see it, we, the visitors to MCPressOnline, have a duty to point out the bugs. That way, the bugs can be fixed in a timely manner, thus improving the MCPressOnline experience for everyone. Cheers! Hans "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." George Bernard Shaw

Comment

To quote Pink Floyd - "Is there anybody out there?"

Comment

So what's with Iowa and New Hampshire, anyway? Who picked them to go first and make such a fuss about? Or, rather, why?

Comment

I really really really dislike this new site. When virtually every aspect of the site has been made more difficult, one would have to seriously consider cutting back and reverting to the old site. The usability issue is not trivial, it makes a serious difference in how many total clicks a site receives, and that statistic determines advertising rates. Dave

Comment

I think they are using LIFO to schedule the early state's primaries. "Least Important Folks Obviously"...Hoo-Hoo

Comment

Paid? Fireboard is an Open Source plug in to Joomla. No charge and you get what you pay for :P

Comment

mike@pavlak.com wrote:
                            Paid? Fireboard is an Open Source plug in to Joomla. No charge and you get what you pay for :P
                            It took me a while to make sense of that sentence. Fireboard may well be an open source tool. But look down, wayyy down, at the very bottom of this page. It says "Site Designed by DirectTech Web Solutions". Did DirectTech Web Solutions do this new site design for free? Do you think MCPressOnline got its moneys worth? BTW, things are improving. I finally managed to get my avatar uploaded! It's a photo of me looking out of a window on the Agawa Canyon train. Cheers! Hans

Comment

OK, so it wasn't free. But they hopefully didn't pay much. Their website says they hail from Hoosier-ville. Once again proving that there is more than just corn in Indiana. But probably not much more. What annoys me about this is that some folks may look at this site and blame the PHP for the rotten experience. I know full well this rotten experience can be delivered in nearly a dozen languages :-) If you go out and pay big money for software, you test it before going live. If you pay little or nothing for the software you should test it even more! I'll throw you a loose analogy, People in IBM midrange shops religiously back up their i5's on a daily basis. Good tape, clean drive under IBM maintenance, the whole nine yards. Now, this is the most reliable computer in the shop, most likely. But I ask you, which is the least reliable? I'm gonna take a wild guess that right after the Data General is the Windows desktop. So, if the i5 is the most reliable and it gets backed up every day (except in an HA shop where it is backup up every second) how often does the windows desktop get backed up? Due diligence applies in open source, purchased and custom software. I guess we are the Q/A department, eh? Oh, yes, nice image. Like mine? Regards, Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X