X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mills@pfw.com
    Guest replied
    What is QTVDEVICE?

There are device manager jobs named QTVDEVICE that run in QSYSWRK subsystem, and once started, are left running until the subsystem is shut down. By default, the system determines how many of these jobs you will need on your system. (Four is what the default is.) The QTVDEVICE jobs are used for device allocation for Telnet jobs. Ending a job named QTVDEVICE does not affect the current active sessions on the system. However, if all of the jobs named QTVDEVICE are ended, you cannot start any new sessions or properly end current active sessions.

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied
    What is QTVDEVICE?

What is QTDEVICE and why does it eat up so much of my CPU? Sometimes there are 4 or more of these eating up a lot of CPU time.
    Here's the screen shot (You'll need a fixed font to see it correctly):
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Work with Active Jobs S10B0784 06/03/02 15:07:09 CPU %: 72.2 Elapsed time: 00:01:33 Active jobs: 510 Opt Subsystem/Job User Type CPU % Function Status QTVDEVICE QTCP BCH 11.2 PGM-QTVDEVMG RUN

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied
    What is QTVDEVICE?

What is QTDEVICE and why does it eat up so much CPU? Sometimes there are 4 or more of them running at once. Here's the screen shot of WRKACTJOB: (Use a fixed font to see it properly). -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Work with Active Jobs S10B0784 06/03/02 15:07:09 CPU %: 72.2 Elapsed time: 00:01:33 Active jobs: 510 Opt Subsystem/Job User Type CPU % Function Status QTVDEVICE QTCP BCH 11.2 PGM-QTVDEVMG RUN

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest started a topic What is QTVDEVICE?

What is QTVDEVICE?

Yikes, Let me try again! chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Chuck Ackerman" wrote in message news:9FC93CD5D3BC7DD2AC43AE47CF3D65AC@in.WebX.Wawy ahGHajS... | |
    What is QTDEVICE and why does it eat up so much of my | CPU? Sometimes there are 4 or more of these eating up a lot of CPU | time.
    |
    |
    Here's the screen shot (You'll need a fixed font to see it | correctly):
    |
    |
    --------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------
    |
    |
    &nbsp ;&nb sp; | Work with Active | Jobs | S10B0784 | &nbs p;&n bsp; | 06/03/02 15:07:09 CPU %: | 72.2 Elapsed time: | 00:01:33 Active jobs: | 510& nbsp; | Opt Subsystem/Job | User Type CPU % | Function | Status | QTVDEVICE | QTCP BCH 11.2 | PGM-QTVDEVMG | RUN |
Working...
X