JDE Oneworld (812) and Websphere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDE Oneworld (812) and Websphere

New one to me...I find something new every time I run SLTCMD *ALL and start prompting and reading help text. But this will get your system "quiescent" or as IBM likes to call it..."In a restricted state". Heck...I always thought that referred to Arizona! Hoo-hoo

Please do NOT type SLTCMD *ALL. That's much too close to DLTCMD *ALL (yikes!). Instead just type A* ENTER. Then B* ENTER. Walk through the alphabet. Chris

Comment

But aren't we always just one keystroke away? scared-e-cat :>)

Comment

That's when you tell your boss..."Oh...er...Yeah, I did that because we're going to test our restore from our most recent *sys backup, Right now is a matter of fact! Of course I meant to delete all the *cmds in my library list...(Psssst, Quick...get hold of operations and find if our last *sys backup is still on-site...???)

Comment

I could simply let the pwrdwnsys command end everything but in the JDE documentation it says that ending abnormal could corrupt data. The same goes for endsys or endsbs *all.

Comment

You could specify OPTION(*CNTRLD) DELAY(*NOLIMIT) on the ENDSYS command. This will allow you to monitor the progress of the ending of various subsystems from the system console. If one subsystem remains active, you know where your problem is. After trying this, you can restart other subsystems, determine what to do with your problem area, and then restart the ENDSYS command. Dave

Comment

Here is sample code that you can use to stop the WAS61 default "server1"..... Simply make the necessary name/directory changes for your installation.. We use this code (modified) for multiple instances of servers running in WAS51 and WAS61. I think you will get the idea after reviewing the code... Be aware this shuts the instance down in a controlled manner, and therefore takes several minutes to finish. The best way to see this is to call the pgm interactively. p.s. Got this from an IBMer several years ago, and it still works. Also have a server start routine that has been handy to have.
              Code

Comment

I have been searching all day long and have come up with convoluted documentation but nothing that answers my questions. We have JDE Oneworld (812) running on our iSeries. We are trying to create a shutdown procedure to do unattended IPLs. I think I've found the commands to shut down the JDE Subsytem but there are a series of Qshell commands they enter manually to shut down the Websphere Application Servers (in subsystem QWAS6). We were told it is best to bring down JDE and the Application Servers "nicely" instead of letting the pwrdwnsys command end them. Is there a simple way of ending these Application Servers? Do we really need to be conserned about them if we have already ended the Application running on them? Has IBM or Does IBM end these servers "nicely" during a shutdown/restart? TIA

Comment

Working...
                X