Problems printing 198 column reports to laser printers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems printing 198 column reports to laser printers

I also had the same problem a few years ago. However, in my situation, the laser printer was connected to a mainframe. The users could send the spooled print jobs to the mainframe laser printer for printing. The users noticed on 198 position reports that the last positions were just solid black squares. In order to remedy this problem, I had to make the printer width smaller; 195 was what worked. The reports had to be adjusted accordingly. The printer was a high speed IBM laser printer; I do not remember the model number though. Hope this helps. Doug.

We've remembered that we had a similar problem a couple of years ago (on another system that we no longer have access to unfortunately) and are thinking along the lines at the minute of using Customized Objects (CRTWSCST). Let you know how we get on with this. Thanks anyway for the swift replies

Comment

In your device description for the printer check the following options: Host Print Transform: *yes Manufacturer Model is the correct HP (i.e *hp5si) system driver program is: *HPPJLDRV the only else I can think of is the port number I use 9100 on our HPs we have no problem printing 80,132, 198, or even 255.

Comment

I have recently been informed of a problem where 198 column wide reports are having the right hand edge chopped off when printing on the HP Lasers on our network. Most of the printers are Laserjet 1015's, set up as devtype 3812, using *IP LAN attachment. The print files are all compiled with width 198, cpi 15. If I configure the printers to print Client Access printer sessions, it works fine, however, this is not an option as a solution. TIA

Comment

This :NOPRTBDR change worked for us, on printfiles up to 210. Make this change to your retrieved *WSCST - change the data from 288 to 576. Compile it & change the *DEVD to use it. You may also need to add this :CPICOR to the *WSCST to correctly handle 15 CPI; it isn't included by default. I don't know what the interaction of a *WSCST without 15 CPI would be with a 15 CPI printfile, which is what you'd get if you only made the :NOPRTBDR change. The PCL commands in DATA give you letter gothic at 20 CPI, which is quite readable and even faxable.
          Code

Comment

My brother is using Canon Laser Printer. Last month was occurred same problem. When he clicked on the printing button. After that he checked the whole printer and also systems, then he restart the printer and system. But the printer stopped working .Many time he was tried to start the printer. But printer didn't start & then he went to the technical costumer care center. Now his printer is working properly.

laser printers

Comment

Working...
            X