IFS Cleanup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IFS Cleanup

RMVLNK OBJLNK('Directory1/*') This CL command will remove everything under the Directory1 object path. My command actually goes two more levels deep. Not sure how "low you can go"........... I execute this every night to remove temporary PDF files that are created during the day through one of our s/w packages.

IFS Cleanup

Using QShell is one option. Qshell supports the unix find utility/command. Here is an example command... find . -type f -name "*.pdf" -mtime +30 -exec rm -f {} ; This will start in the current directory and find all files that have a suffix of pdf and have not been modified within the last 30 days. In this example the find cascades down the subdirectories under the current working directory. Alternatively to -mtime you could specify -atime which indicates last access (read but not modified).

Comment

IFS Cleanup

I like that. BTW, is Qshell free? If so, how do I install it. I don't have it installed, I know this because I just tried to start it. STRQSH.

Comment

IFS Cleanup

I believe this would be on your install disks that come with the operating system and licensed programs. It is 5722SS1 Option 30 on our V5R2 box.

Comment

IFS Cleanup

Thanks Sonny, I am going to see if I have this and install it. I could really use some unix commands!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

IFS Cleanup

I've found that this appears to run a QZSHFCHLD job for each file it deletes. On my system, they leave joblogs behind, even though they complete normally. I haven't been able to figure out what jobd they're using (so I can change it), or if there's an ENVVAR I can use, or if the process can run "in" the session rather than run separate BCI jobs. I ended up with several thousand joblogs after cleaning up an old directory....

Comment

IFS Cleanup

Never mind, found some answers here http://www.itjungle.com/guruo/mgo022202-story01.html and here http://archive.midrange.com/midrange.../msg00612.html

Comment

IFS Cleanup

Sorry this should work without starting a job for each file. I updated this on antoher site, but forgot to paste it back here.
                Code

Comment

IFS Cleanup

We have started to use the IFS to put PDF doc out there for users that don't need to access the green screens. Does anybody know a way or a tool to automatically do cleanup of directories in the IFS. We want to keep docs online for 30 day and then they are deleted. It is getting to be a pain to manually clean this up.

Comment

IFS Cleanup

Dave, I tried the QSHELL command that you have here but couldn't get it to work on our system. I'm running it in a batch submitted CL the code is below. When I run it without the '-exec rm -f{} ;' portion I get a list of all the files that haven't been accessed in over 30 days but once I put the '-exec re -f{} ;' back it comes back with a return code of 1... any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
                    Code

Comment

Working...
                    X