Warning: Undefined array key 125517 in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 3534

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 3536

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 704

Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 3548

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 635

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 635

Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72

Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77

Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72

Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77

Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 173

Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 190

Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 191

Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 197

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 6509

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 212

Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 251

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 4998

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1585

Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1601
Finding all source files in libraries - MC Press Online Forums

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finding all source files in libraries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding all source files in libraries

It sounds like the Retrieve Object Description (QUSROBJD) API would work for what you want. You can use the Extended object attribute from the OBJD0200 format to determine whether the object is pf-src or not. You should also be able to use the Object change date and time to determine the "most recent" file. Then again you could also use the List Database File Members (QUSLMBR) API to evaluate the members in the two files individually. Good luck, Jeff Olen Olen Business Consulting, Inc. email: jmo@olen-inc.com phone: 760.703.5149 web: www.olen-inc.com

I've run into this need in the past. Here is a SQL solution. You'll need to modify it to fit your needs. Robert P.S. I don't post here often and I couldn't find a way to preview the post so I hope the formatting is legible. P.P.S. I use the SQL naming convention (Library.File). If you use System naming convention (Library/File) with a slash and not a dot, then you will need to adjust the SQL statement accordingly.
    Code

Comment

I like the SQL solution best. It is clean and simple (like using the KISS principle). Along the lines of using the SQL solution, where can I find what documentation on the system "Data Dictionary" files. Was wondering if I could use SQL and get all the information (need member list and member information) I need at 1 time using a join or even a query.

Comment

Hi. This is what I use. It does NOT eliminate the IBM libraries. (You might want to see what is in QGPL, for example.) I have not attempted to merge the resulting file from multiple systems. Mike Regan Astrolabe Inc. Independent Services for the IBM i5 isexpert@cs.com
        Code

Comment

Here is one I know I've done in the past (very very distant past) but can't remember. We have several libraries with several source files (and other objects) in them. We want to be able to consolidate down to 1 set of source files (i.e. 1 QRPGLESRC, QLBLSRC, QCLSRC, etc.) What I need is to be able to have a list of all source files in a library(s) and the member information (can have duplicate member name). Basically I want to be able to do a wrkobjpdm with am attribute of 'pf-src" to an outfile. Then I can use DSPFD for each file to an outfile that will give me the member information I will need. I couldn't find the api that wrkobjpdm uses, so anybody have any idea on how to accomplish this. Oh, to make matters worse, we have source files on 2 iSeries that we are consolidating and in most cases a version will exist on both just need the newest version. TIA

Comment

Thanks for everybodys input. I've used the information and build a little processes for me (all in CL). First I us Query Manager to build a list of source files for the libraries I want and put it into a file (using QADBXREF (I figure if the system doesn't know it I don't care). Then I read the file produced and for each record I use DSPFD to an output file using *MBRLIST Once the file is built for all of the source files, I use another Query Manager query to build my final file that only has the information I need. I run this on both systems and using ddm copy the resulting file from the other machine adding it to the current machine. Now I have a file I can download to EXCEL and weed through. The next step is to try and determine the source file and member for a program object. It is just a little more complicated with ILE programs. Thanks for everybody's input.

Comment

Working...
            X