Changing I/P Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing I/P Address

Talk to your Network Folks about Natting... When your remote devices try to access your as400 by its old IP, the network will send it to the new ip address.

Changing I/P Address

I will ask them about Natting but the problem of changing over 1000 PCs will still have to be addressed. Unless we dial into each PC and change it. Also, we run Websphere we will have to change the link on everybody that uses or connects to the software that runs on Websphere (or at least the path the icon uses.

Comment

Changing I/P Address

We are redueing our network and everything including the iSeries will be getting new I/P numbers. Changing the I/P number on the iSeries is easy. What is not as easy is changing all the iSeries Navigator environments, workstation and printer emunations, and mapped drives. Is there a simple way, or easier way than going to each PC and manually changing the Environment and I/P address within iSeries Navigator etc.

Comment

Changing I/P Address

If you have some kind of software delivery software, you can change the registry of PC's. I found the IP address under: [HKEY_USERSS-1-5-21-2142588650-821393576-619646970-1995SoftwareIBMClient Access ExpressCurrentVersionEnvironmentsMy Connectionsas400nameCommunication]

Comment

Working...
        X