Job holds large number of locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job holds large number of locks

sachin_talati wrote: > In as400 we have BRMS backup system so , when automatic backup starts > then one message comes in log file "Job holds large number of locks", > so what will be the reason and is their any other solution to remove > such kind of message Sachin, I believe the recommended solution to this is to reduce the number of objects saved via the command. Bill

Thanks bill for giving me good tip But see i am specify Library , we have 100gb tape on LTO and i am sepecified only 8 library and total object not more then 30000 , can i reduce my library from list ? so how can i see no of locks in system. when backup is running ? Regards

Comment

Hi When i am tacking single library it contain 28000 object then also it comes this message, please give me proper solution Regards,

Comment

sachin_talati wrote: > When i am tacking single library it contain 28000 object then also it > comes this message, please give me proper solution If it were me, I'd do something like an alphabetical breakout: SavObj Obj(a* b* c* d* e* f*) Lib(libname). . . . SavObj Obj(g* h* i* . . . . You could also consider breaking it out by object types. Bill

Comment

Dear All, In as400 we have BRMS backup system so , when automatic backup starts then one message comes in log file "Job holds large number of locks", so what will be the reason and is their any other solution to remove such kind of message Regards, Sachin S. Talati

Comment

I see that message every day and just ignore it. I didn't know it was a problem. I thought it was just a message advising of a job hogging lots of "lock" operations and knowing it is the backup I don't worry about it. Scott

Comment

Working...
            X