Subsystems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subsystems

My personal preference is for fewer job queues. They are easier to administrate. Dave

Subsystems

I am fully agree with david. Sachin S. Talati

Comment

Subsystems

Each subsystem must be assigned a memory pool, though they could all be the same pool. We have multiple subsystems that each serve a different business area, so Finance jobs run independently from Production, for example. For us, they all share the same memory, so we might as well have one subsystem with multiple job queues and one active job per queue. Administratively, it's simpler when the Finance job queue goes to the Finance subsystem, etc.

Comment

Subsystems

I bet the answer to this is "It depends", but here goes. . . Is there any advantage over having many subsystems with a few JOBQs routed to each subsystem, versus having fewer subsystems with more JOBQs routed to each subsystem. Is there any overhead incurred in having more than fewer subsystems? Thank you, Doug.

Comment

Subsystems

ALL- I HAVE A JOBQ ( QPGMR ), BUT THIS JOB QUEUE IS NOT ATTACHED TO A SUBSYSTEM (QBATCH) SO THIS IS A USELESS JOB QUEUE. WHAT IS THE COMMAND TO ASSOCIATE THIS JOBQ (QPGMR) TO SUBSYSTEM QBATCH. CURRENTLY JOBQ (QBATCH) IS ATTACHED TO SUBSYSTEM ( QBATCH ). I WANT THIS SUBSYSTEM (QBATCH) TO HAVE 2 MAX. ACTIVE JOBS. ONLY 1 JOB SHOULD BE ACTIVE IN SUBSYSTEM QBATCH FOR EACH JOBQ ( 1 FROM QBATCH JOBQ & 1 FROM QPGMR JOBQ). KINDLY POST THE PARAMETERS FOR CHGSBSD AND CHGJOBQE TO ACCOMPLISH MY OBJECTIVE, IF YOU CAN EXPLAIN THE ACTIVE JOBS PARM IT WILL SURELY HELP. THANKS IN ADAVNCE.

Comment

Working...
          X