Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Central site distribution for V5R3M0 help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central site distribution for V5R3M0 help?

It's been quite a few years since I've done central site distributions for OS/400 upgrades. I have a hand full of V5R1 9406-270's that I need to upgrade, and downtime is going to be a big problem. To shorten the required window, and to simplify the whole process, I was planning on creating a central site distribution tape from a 270 I have in my cube to use for this purpose. The problem is that as I'm stepping through the V5R3 upgrade instructions, it's leading me to believe that I'm being required to load the "Prepare for install PTFs for V5R1, V5R2, or V5R3" and perform the required steps. -Accepting software agreements -Creating a custom list of software to install -Allocating additional space for Licensed Internal Code If I have to do this at all my plant locations, I'll need all the CD's there to perform these steps. It doesn't seem to make sense or save time and lower the complexity level. Has anyone done this, or have any suggestions? Thanks for you help! Chris

Central site distribution for V5R3M0 help?

The good news is, you should be able to use the Image Catalog and not even have to be there. This allows you to put all of the upgrade stuff in the IFS and then point a virtual optical drive to that Image catalog. I've done numerous upgrades using image catalogs and they work great...but you MUST do all the pre-req stuff...like accepting the software agreements.....making sure you have enough load source space, etc. Good Luck

Comment

Working...
    X