EXPJRNE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXPJRNE

I haven't worked with EXPJRNE. But I do know that if your attempting to extract data from the Current Receiver Chain [RCVRNG(*CURCHAIN)], there cannot be any gaps in the chain. Is it possible that EXPJRNE uses this for the Receiver Range parameter and that there is a gap in your Receiver Chain ?? If so, you can specify the Receiver (as you probably did using DSPJRN) if the EXPJRNE command allows it or you can restore all the Receivers between what's on your system now and the Receiver that has the data you need. Mike

EXPJRNE

I don't know if anyone can offer me any assistance. A system I have inherited has the EXPJRNE tool installed. Its very useful and I've used it quite successfully. However, I have a problem when trying to export data from receivers that I've restored. I know my predecessor used to do this but unfortunately he didn't leave any instructions. Even though the receiver has been restored to the correct original directory, and I've confirmed using dspjrn that the receiver contains data that I want, EXPJRNE does not retrieve any entries. When I DSPJRNA, and display the receiver directory, the restored receivers all have a status of SAVED. Only the correct current receiver is attacheded to the receiver. Is there anything I need to do to reassociate or attach the receiver to the journal. Have I missed a step out of the process? Thanks for any help

Comment

EXPJRNE

Mike, I think you may be onto something. Unfortunately, I can't test this at the moment as our system is automatically deleting receivers as fast as we can restore them. Arghh! When I do manage to regain control of things I'll have another look Thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X