How to Be a Superhero Using iSeries Navigator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Be a Superhero Using iSeries Navigator

** This thread discusses the article: How to Be a Superhero Using iSeries Navigator **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: How to Be a Superhero Using iSeries Navigator0

** This thread discusses the article: How to Be a Superhero Using iSeries Navigator **
    Great article! Thank you. Though it's not directly related to the article, I hope you don't mind to answer a quick question for me: Is there any way to disconnect from the AS/400 in 4.5 or 5.1 version of CA Express? We used to have that option in the older versions of CA(right click on the connection used to have "Disconnect") but it's not there any longer. I need to do that once in a while when I have to go back in under a different User Id. Thanks, Vicki

Comment

Thanks for the kind remarks. It was very fun to write. OK now the answer to your question. You are correct that it is no longer possible to perform a "Disconnect" on a connection. Pretty lame. However, there are some alternatives. I recommend option #1 if you're switching profiles every so often. 1) In the Superhero article, there's a superhero called the Dynamic Attention-Deficit Duo. The first task is one nice way to work around this problem. Using Aliasing in TCP/IP, you can have 2 connections to the same iSeries. That way you can sign onto the same physical system using 2 different profiles...all in the same iSeries Navigator window. 2) There's an option in the connection properties to always require a sign-on (the default is to cache the signon info so only when you reboot do you have to signon). This "always" option allows you to close iSeries Navigator and re-open it, and sign on using a different profile. However, I'll be the first to admit this get pretty tedious when most of the time you signon using the same profile. Option #2 is OK if you only need to do it rarely, then you can switch the properties to "Always signon", close iSeries Navigator, signon as your new profile, and switch the properties back to "cache". Good luck, let me know what you think and if it works..

Comment

Greg, Thank you for the responce. Option number 2 is what I am using now. It's not a big deal to do it that way. I was just wondering if Disconnect is somewhere out there but I don't see it as I am not a Superhero :-) Vicki

Comment

Working...
        X