Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TechTip: Poor Performance After Upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTip: Poor Performance After Upgrade?

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Poor Performance After Upgrade? **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: TechTip: Poor Performance After Upgrade? **

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Poor Performance After Upgrade? **
    Normally it is good advice to reorganize every file on the system, and I have even built utilities to reorganonze all files in a library, but there could be a gotcha. The are occaisions where an application has legacy roots, and uses direct-file processing (aka: by relative record processing), and you could really screw up the works reorganizing these types of files. I know.... I have done it. My best advice is to know your system, and feel comfortable before you jump in with both feet. The processing time you save may be traded for a weekend of recovery work, and many unhappy users. /George Pearson Green Springs Software, Inc. www.green-springs.com

Comment

Generally "Direct" files do not have a key, and will not be affected by the KEYFILE(*FILE) parameter. In fact if you tried to use this parameter you would get an error. Direct files should also remain unaffected by the changes to access path storage and retrieval logarithms. In short, I agree with your assessment that Direct files should not be reorganized for this purpose. Please keep in mind that 6the article pertained to poor performance due to changes from one release to another. This only referred to access paths, and I apologize for not making that clear enough. Dave

Comment

Working...
      X