TechTip: New Tool for Analyzing DB2 Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTip: New Tool for Analyzing DB2 Performance

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: New Tool for Analyzing DB2 Performance **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: TechTip: New Tool for Analyzing DB2 Performance **

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: New Tool for Analyzing DB2 Performance **
    You know, everything works as desired on our V5R2 box, and that, by itself, makes it difficult to justify upgrading to V5R3. But, man oh man, I gotta start compiling a list. This one's gonna be near the top!

Comment

I’m at V5R3, current cum level and I applied SI15176 to my PC. In iSeries Navigator /Databases /. . ., I right clicked on a table and clicked Indexes, but my window didn’t look like yours. I noticed the horizontal scroll bar so I scrolled to the right and there were the columns. However, I haven’t been able to reorder the columns. In View/Customize this view only the Auto Refresh option is not grayed out. What did I miss?

Comment

I collapsed/shrunk the columns in between the index name and the new usage feedback.

Comment

IBM has recently released a PTF, SI16313, to make the Index Evaluator functionality available on V5R2 servers as long as the V5R3 iSeries Navigator client is used to access the server. The V5R2 PTF needs to be loaded on your system to enable the query optimizer to start updating the index usage statistics.

Comment

SI16313 doesn't seem to exist. Do you mean SI16307, by any chance?

Comment

SI16313 is mentioned in APAR SE17996, but maybe it's a typo by IBM. It isn't orderable.

Comment

IBM says it exists but isn't available yet, and they don't know when it will be available.

Comment

I also forgot to mention that iSeries Access V5R3 Service Pack #3 is needed as well. That is scheduled to be available on Dec 10. I'll check on the availability date of the other PTF.

Comment

I was told that the PTF was approved today. The iSeries Access Service Pack #3 is due to be released on Dec 10.

Comment

We now have iSeries access V5R3 Service Pack #3, but there still seems to be no sign of SI16313 being available, even though it was supposedly approved on Dec 1. I'm curious to try this new tool -- so is there any update on PTF availability?

Comment

I downloaded it just now to our V5R2 system. It's an immediate PTF, no "stop & restart the servers" requirements. You'll need to "include requisite PTFs", though. Our system is pretty current, but it needed several prereq PTFs: SI16348, SI16311, and SI16269. Those may have prereqs you don't have.

Comment

It's available now. It has several prereqs: SI16348, SI16311, and SI16269. Those may have further prereqs. Looks like they can all be applied immediate.

Comment

I have loaded and applied SI16313 (and all it's prereqs) on our V5R2 system. My client has iSeries Access V5R3 with service pack SI16496 (as does our V5R2 server). However, when I use iSeries Navigator to view the indexes for a table, I get a pop-up window saying: An error occurred whie attempting to initialize the list. [SQL0444] External program QZDGDSPI in QIWS not found. Cause....: An attempt was made to CALL a procedure or invoke a function. External program or service program QZDGDSPI in library QIWS was not found. I didn't see anything in any of the PTF cover letters that suggests that I need to do anything further in order to get this function to work -- any idea what is causing this message, and what I can do to correct the problem?

Comment

Working...
                            X