RPG Compiler error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPG Compiler error?

It may not be the location. Are the releases of the software on both sides of the pond identical? Dave

RPG Compiler error?

David- yes they are. We are both at release 5.2. One thing I noticed as I checked further is that their library QRPG only has about 6 objects in it and ours has many more. Pat

Comment

RPG Compiler error?

Type GO LICPGM and press ENTER Select option #10. Compare the 5722WDS entries on both system to ensure compiler compatibility. Dave

Comment

RPG Compiler error?

Dave - After checking both systems, our England plant has all the COBOL and C components that we do not have in 5722WDS. Since there is no programming done in England, these are not necessary to them. Pat

Comment

RPG Compiler error?

I'm a little confused... you say no programming is done in England, but you're trying to compile programs there. Either you do compile or you don't. If you do compile, you need to have the compiler installed. In this case, you need the RPG compiler, at the very least options 31 and 34 of 5722WDS (31 for ILE, 34 for OPM). QRGEX is one of the programs required. The fact that your QRPG library has only six objects tells me that somebody "cleaned up" the library and removed a lot of objects (maybe to free up disk space?). If you're trying to compile, you will indeed need those options to be reinstalled. Joe

Comment

RPG Compiler error?

Joe- Sorry for the confusion - thanks for the answer. They do not have any staff programmers in England. We do all their programming from the states directly on their machine and have been unable to compile since they had a new machine installed. Pat

Comment

RPG Compiler error?

Does anyone know what licensed program would be producing this error? It happens whenever we try to compile and RPG IV or ILE program on the computer in our location in England. "Cannot resolve to object QRGEX. Type and subtype X'0201'. Authority X'0000' " They dropped their software and hardware support so cannot call for help. I am thinking they need to restore a licesnsed program but am not sure which one and I don't even know if they have CDs to restore them from. Appreciate it if someone could just tell me the licensed program I am looking for. Thanks, Pat

Comment

RPG Compiler error?

hey there check the following licensed products: 5722WDS 31 5722WDS 32 5722WDS 33 5722WDS 34 5722WDS 35 they should be all available, and the QRGEX pgm must be in QRPG

Comment

Working...
                X