wrkjob to out file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrkjob to out file?

Tom, It may be possible, but it requires the use of many APIs. WRKJOB opens a screen with menu options, as you might know. Option 14 is List Open Files API, option 10 is Retrieve Call Stack API, etc. You may look at the job APIs (List Job Information) in the manuals, but they may not give you the info you want. It all depends what you want to do with the retrieved data. Regards, Carel Teijgeler

wrkjob to out file?

I recently needed info on files used by a certain group of active jobs...I used a the commands WRKACTJOB and CPYSPLF to a 128 byte print file, then read that file in CL looking for specific jobs (substring'ing field DATA128), retrieved &USER, &JOB, &NUMBER and did a series of DSPJOB's OUTPUT(*PRINT) on that data, CPYSPLF-adding each to a disk file...later (RPG) program(s) can read thru it for whatever purpose...runs in no time... sample code appended...hope it helps Harry Gross
    Code

Comment

wrkjob to out file?

I would like to be able to retrieve the info from the WRKJOB command into an outfile. Is there an easy way to do this? We're on 5.2 TIA Tom

Comment

wrkjob to out file?

We should be able to get what we need now. Thanks again, Tom

Comment

Working...
        X