X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Mail on iSeries

Try the QRYDST and DSPDSTLOG commands for further information. Dave

E-Mail on iSeries

I checked the DSPDSTLOG and created a qry file, I found out that the recipient identifier = *ATCNTXT and Recipient Address=*UNKNOWN, Then next records says= recipient identifier = *UNKNOWN and Recipient Address=*ANYMAIL. On dst log I have a bunch of logs where type are *ORG, *RTR, and *ARV. Well my problem was MS Outlook doesnt receive it. I have already created a host table for our mail server. I cant really figure out what seems to be the problem. Thanks for you reply. Sky

Comment

E-Mail on iSeries

Hello, I understand from the threads that you are trying to send email from the AS400. I also went through the steps that you are doing and over time I found it was easier to ftp the mail text to a Unix machine and then execute the RUNRMTCMD to send the mail using the Unix Mail command. If this is something that would interest you let me know, and I will explain the setup. Having Unix Experience is a plus but not necessary. All you require on a Unix machine is a User ID and Password, and a Home Directory. Keith

Comment

E-Mail on iSeries

Keith, Thanks for your concern, but I am not setting this up against Unix, we dont have Unix in our site> My concern was to be able to send E-Mail from AS/400 to our Local Mail Box. Then in the future we will expand to send info to our remote locations. So far I dont have success in sending it to our MS Outlook interned address. Sky

Comment

E-Mail on iSeries

I remember I got it to work, but it was a mess to manage so many people in the distribution directories. You would have one for the AS400 entry for snads, and then you had to have another one for mail. You could not use the same one. Don't remember needing to do anything on the MS side except to send to the mail dns name that serves as the sending exchange server. I use what I have setup as a way to page for problems. Since many pagers/cell phones today have a email address, I send text messages to those devices when we have an as400 problem. It works really good, and it is quicker then the folks we have monitoring the machines. Keith

Comment

E-Mail on iSeries

I still unable to received email from our local mail server MS Outlook (intranet). Done everything but failed, ADDDIRE USRID(INTERNET SMTPRTE) USRD('UserID to send to Internet') USER(*NONE) SYSNAME(TCPIP) PREFADR(NETUSRID *IBM ATCONTXT) and CHGDSTA SMTPRTE(INTERNET SMTPRTE). Still no luck. Anyone who have done this before? need help... TIA Sky

Comment

E-Mail on iSeries

Have you gone into CHGSMTPA and put the mail router? We also set the firewall to *YES. Scott Mildenberger

Comment

E-Mail on iSeries

Actually we dont have firewall on our iSeries since we only have local DNS setup for our AS400. I just want to do and intranet setup for our E-Mail. Anyway I will try that. Thanks ... Sky

Comment

E-Mail on iSeries

We don't have a firewall on the 400 either, it was just that parameter setting that we needed to change. Scott Mildenberger

Comment

E-Mail on iSeries

I tried that, went to change TCP Domain (CHGTCPDMN) and add IP address of our Outlook mail server as the mailrouter then add the IP address on the host table and do CHGSMTPA to add the mailrouter name. Do a ping and but still email doesnt go to our outlook mail exchange server. Sending mail to as400 users not a problem. Any Ideas left ... Thanks a lot Sky

Comment

E-Mail on iSeries

Have you ended and started both SMTP and MSF to make sure all the latest settings are being used? Is your Exchange server setup to accept mail relay from the 400. Scott Mildenberger

Comment

E-Mail on iSeries

I have to check this out, How to setup Exchange Server to accept mail relay. I am only responsible to iSeries setup and I have to coordinate this to our Network Administrator who setup MS Outlook. This was probably the problem why its not going to the Exchange Server. Thanks Again... Sky

Comment

E-Mail on iSeries

MS Exchange's default is set to NOT relay messages (Lotus Notes is). Have a work with your MS Admin and ask him to add your 400's ip address. Cannot remember the tab, just keep clicking it's fairly obvious

Comment

E-Mail on iSeries

I have configured our 820 v45 iSeries to send and receive email locally thru our MS Outlook. I followed all the instructions from this links to setup SMTP and POP. I started my SMTP server and MSF and send test emails. I tried sending test using SNDDST *type(*LMSG) TOUSRID((USERX SYSNAME)) DSTD('YOUVE GOT MAIL') LONGMSG('TEST EMAIL') TO AS400 and I did it successfully. I went to IFS 'QTCPTMM/MAIL' and look for all mails that I send. I also checked the dst log (DSPDSTLOG) and it seems to work fine. Then I send it to my internet address on MS Outlook, SNDDST TYPE(*LMSG) TOINTNET((USERX@COMPANY.COM)) DSTD('Youve got mail') LONGMSG('TEST EMAIL'), the msg says "Send distribution completed successfully." but it doesnt sent to my email. I went thru all the discussion with SMTP but I could not find any answer. I hope somebody will tell me what I am missing here. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks a lot Sky

Comment

E-Mail on iSeries

We have already setup the MS Exchange and its working good. Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it very much. Sky

Comment

Working...
                              X