Monitoring Qbatch for MSGW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitoring Qbatch for MSGW

Every message needing a reply is on QSYSOPR message queue. Try on tis site: http://search400.techtarget.com/tip/...795682,00.html Works great!

See this discussion and this TechTip. If you use the RCVMSG method, it use to be that you were not allowed to answer the messages because it would be locked by the monitor job. I haven't tested this on the current releases. A way around this was to view the messages in either 'Basic' or 'Intermediate', I forget which one. This would allow you to answer the messages. Just something to test. The API method does not lock the queue.

Comment

I have a situation where I would like to monitor the QBATCH subsystem on 4 different AS/400s. The Operating Systems range from 3.05 - 5.1. I know I can use ops nav to monitor the 5.1 system (Work Management/Active Jobs or Subsystems) but what I need is something to monitor all 4 systems and to notify me when a job has a message wait. I tried Ops Nav under Management Central but I can't get a connection to the 3 of the systems (the ones prior to V5R1) I would prefer the function to run in the background on my pc (don't really want messages sent to my message queue on the AS/400 because I'm not always signed on to all of the 400's and sometimes not on any of them.) I was thinking of using VRPG and trying to use the API associated with WRKACTJOB or WRKSBSJOB but since I'm dealing with multiple versions of the OS (and haven't done any API programming and very little VRPG programming) I'm not sure how it would work or if it would work. Does anybody have a no cost solution (no packages) to help me or advise on how to monitor the 4 systems? TIA

Comment

Working...
      X