Stopping messages get to QHST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopping messages get to QHST

carllongley wrote: > Does anyone know if its possiible to stop certain messages getting to > QHST? > > We fill up very quickly and i need to get rid of some - by stopping > them getting there in the first place. What do you mean by "we fill up very quickly"? QHST rolls over when it fills up and creates a disk file, so it should never fill up. Now, the QHST* files might fill up your disk, but I don't think QHST itself should fill up. Bill

Ok, That is correct . but : We use a monitoring tool that 'reads' QHST. You can only have 36 per Julian date/day - outside this range any monitoring tool looses its way. We quite often use more than 36 - i want to trim down some of the messages that are hitting it. Carl

Comment

carllongley wrote: > We use a monitoring tool that 'reads' QHST. You can only have 36 per > Julian date/day - outside this range any monitoring tool looses its > way. We quite often use more than 36 - i want to trim down some of > the messages that are hitting it. If I understand what you are saying, your system is creating more than 36 QHSTnnnn files per day and that is causing a problem. Easy fix for that is to change the size of the file. WrkSysVal QHSTLOGSIZ . This setting controls the number of records per file. Increase it as you see fit, I'd suggest multiplying the current value by at least 30, if possible. Bill

Comment

Unless you need other (older) entries you can do the following:
          [*]Type WRKOBJ QSYS/QHST* *FILE and press ENTER.[*]Delete all entries but the last entry.[/list]Dave

Comment

What are the messages you want to stop from going into QHST? Can't you just change the process that creates them?

Comment

Have set system value to 65535 - which is the max. I do move them to another lib - then force it to creat a new one, this gets around the problem. PQT3533 - would be a good one to stop getting in there! Still get the prob. tho

Comment

Hi, Does anyone know if its possiible to stop certain messages getting to QHST? We fill up very quickly and i need to get rid of some - by stopping them getting there in the first place. Thanks

Comment

Hi Carl, you could try CRTPSFCFG (Create Print Services Facility Configuration). It has an option to stop message PQT3533 from being issued. Kurt

Comment

Working...
                X