conference and seminars...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• conference and seminars...

IBM is NOT having an iSeries Tech Conference this Spring. The Fall one is scheduled for October 28 thru Nov 1st, 2002 in Miami Beach.

I went to the as400connection conference 2000 and 2001 in Marco Island and it was the great. I learned a bunch and that part of the gulf is great. The speakers were all people I've read about. I got an email last week saying they are having labs at next years conference like COMMON does. It's not real huge so I got to ask questions and eat with several people I'd heard of over the years. As far as seminars goes, who knows? On friday I got the midrangeserver newsletter with an ad from some company that 's going to be doing 400 seminars in 2002. I went to the last IBM tech and the labs were pretty neat.

Comment

Check out: http://www.roch.edu/rctc/workforce/h...niversity.html I attended a three day class for Domino 5.0 and was quite satisified. Class Offerings: Access DB2/400 Data from the Web: Using Net.Data Application Development with SQL on the iSeries and AS/400 iSeries and AS/400 Inside and Out iSeries and AS/400 Security: Is Your System Secure? iSeries and AS/400 Under the Hood: Tuning, Partitioning, and Protecting Data Domino for iSeries and AS/400: Implementation and Management Explore DB2/400 with Operations Navigator Java for iSeries and AS/400 RPG Programmers Lotus Notes RPG IV Basic Introduction RPG IV Advanced Concepts RPG IV “RPG Meets the Web” Set Up iSeries and AS/400 as a Web Server: Using IBM HTTP Server for iSeries and AS/400 Streamline iSeries and AS/400 Administration with Operations Navigator Using TCP/IP on the iSeries and AS/400 Visual Basic Introduction Visual Basic Advanced Distance eLearning Opportunities: Net.Data IBM HTTP Server for iSeries and AS/400 Domino Installation and Configuration Associate System Operator Professional System Operator "Register for two or more sessions and save! Inquire to our staff about price incentives when registering for multiple classes."

Comment

I've always enjoyed the big seminars. It gives me a chance to network, as well as learn. Lately, though, many of the week-longs have become extraordinarily pricey. For instance a Right-Source four day JAVA session will cost over $1,700. not including travel expenses. A JAVA course at my local community college will go on for three months, and only cost $400. In times like these, one might consider value. The prestige of IBM, or other 400-centric speakers should also be considered. The bottom line is what you will get out of it. I like both worlds, but since I pay for these things myself, I place a great emphasis on value. Dave

Comment

anyone have a recommended favorite or new conf or seminar or place of education to attend that is offered between Jan 2002 and June 2002? I've been to IBM Tech. (btw, are they having a spring tech conf.) We already have someone going to Nashville for Common so I'd like alternates to the above mentioned. Technically speaking, I'm an RPGer w/14 years on 34, 36 and iSeries. Thanks, Jack

Comment

Whatever happened to the midrange comuting seminars? A couple of guys I know went to Don Denoncorts java seminars and had good things to say. Has anyone tried these training classes on CD? I see them on ebay for next to nothing sometimes and I see people selling used but current as400 books as well. IBM is selling some refurbished 400s on there right now.

Comment

Working...
            X