AS/400 image thoughts while doing Fall Back time adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS/400 image thoughts while doing Fall Back time adjustment

Frank Whittemore wrote: > Sometimes AS/400 image problems jump out at me. > > I had to go into my AS/400 this morning and manually change two > systems values - QTIME and QUTCOFFSET. > > Yet while doing this from home, I noticed that both my home PC and > the work PC that I dialed into had automatically adjusted their time back to Standard time. > > Yes, just another example of the AS/400's image problem. I agree with you on the image problem. OTOH, I would rather deal with that kind of issue instead of all the %&@* stuff one has with MS Windows. -- -Jeff New email address: jlcrosby@dilgardfoods.com The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily the opinion of my company. Unless I say so.

OTOH A savy AS/400 system administrator would have the time change routine placed on the job scheduler, via a couple of commands, or a simple CL.

Comment

Here, here. IMO, there are many more manual tasks necessary to maintain a Windows based system than to maintain an AS/400 system. It's amusing how much more creedence is given to perception than to reality. Dave

Comment

Of course, if you had Jim Sloan's TAATOOLS you could have run the SETDAYLITE command only ONCE and never have to worry about daylight savings adjustments ever again. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Frank Whittemore" wrote in message news:20f7d1db.-1@WebX.WawyahGHajS... | Sometimes AS/400 image problems jump out at me. | | I had to go into my AS/400 this morning and manually change two systems values - QTIME and QUTCOFFSET. | | Yet while doing this from home, I noticed that both my home PC and the work PC that I dialed into had automatically adjusted their time back to Standard time. | | Yes, just another example of the AS/400's image problem.

Comment

How stupid of me...I have TAATOOL's and have been changing the system time via Robot forever. Question...I displayed the SETDAYLITE command and it prompts me for jobq and jobd. I can handle that one but anything else I need to do? Thanks, Kim

Comment

BTW, for those who's iSeries image is tainted by the amount of effort it takes to make those pesky manual changes...schedule command CHGSYSVAL QHOUR('##') . Less keystrokes may make it easier.

Comment

Kim, SETDAYLITE is something you only run once. It figures out the next time that it needs to run and then puts a job in the job scheduler. That job will run (next time at 4/7/2002) and the last thing it does is set itself up for the next time change. It's all automatic and thus you never have to worry about it again. I set mine to run in QCTL jobq since I know that will always be running unless the AS/400 is in a restricted state. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Kim Kuras" wrote in message news:20f7d1db.5@WebX.WawyahGHajS... | How stupid of me...I have TAATOOL's and have been changing the system time via Robot forever. Question...I displayed the SETDAYLITE command and it prompts me for jobq and jobd. I can handle that one but anything else I need to do? | | Thanks, | Kim

Comment

Sometimes AS/400 image problems jump out at me. I had to go into my AS/400 this morning and manually change two systems values - QTIME and QUTCOFFSET. Yet while doing this from home, I noticed that both my home PC and the work PC that I dialed into had automatically adjusted their time back to Standard time. Yes, just another example of the AS/400's image problem.

Comment

Thanks Chuck. I read your postings and comments often and always find them most informative. I'll set this up and thank you again in the spring. Regards, Kim

Comment

Working...
                  X