IT clueless on e-biz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT clueless on e-biz?

I think everybody but the vendors and the publications that thrive on their advertising know this. The sorry thing out of this is that IBM will think their ridiculous spaceman Websphere advertising extavaganza bought them that 45% mindshare. Ralph

IT clueless on e-biz?

I think it shows the power of marketing. IBM has pushed itself very hard as a an e-business provider. What a pity they haven't put some of that effort into promoting our favourite box. Dave...

Comment

IT clueless on e-biz?

As a former editor of one of those publications, I confess to being somewhat "clueless" too, mainly due to vague vendor-speak. For example:
      Among those that were able to give an answer, 23 percent cited enterprise applications vendors as being best able to provide an e-business solution.
      Is that right? It seems like EA vendors are a good choice. Of course, I guess it depends upon your definition of e-biz.

Comment

IT clueless on e-biz?

Saw this on zdNet this morning. Interesting positioning of IBM. Would you guys agree or disagree? --- IT managers are confused by vendors' efforts to position themselves as e-business experts, according to research group Vanson Bourne. Vague terminology, such as 'solution provider', does not help matters. Over 100 UK IT managers at firms with an annual turnover of at least £100m were asked which category of IT provider was best positioned to deliver an e-business solution. More than 32 percent could not answer, despite being given several options. Among those that were able to give an answer, 23 percent cited enterprise applications vendors as being best able to provide an e-business solution. When asked to name a leading e-business solutions provider, 45 percent of respondents said IBM. Microsoft, Oracle and SAP scored less than 15 percent each. --Chris Lee, IT Week --- Article

Comment

IT clueless on e-biz?

From what I've seen, half the IT managers were clueless, the other half knew what a load of crap it all was. Unfortunately, the high ups wanted to be eReady no matter what. Had to keep up with the Jones'. Our company is all about ROI (or Roy as one funny ads says), but we did NO cost analysis when it came to our eCommerce solution. They knew there was no way to recoupe the investment. So now we have a $3 million dollar Order Manager with 2 customers on it!

Comment

Working...
          X