X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Get a Refund Yet?

No refund; no reply; no nuttin' Dave

Anyone Get a Refund Yet?

Bob, My experience is the same as you. Seems like IIR Publications may not understand business ethics. Bill "Bob Powell" wrote in message news:21a899b5.-1@WebX.WawyahGHajS... > I sent a letter demanding a pro-rata refund of my subscription to the defunct MC magazine over a month ago. Good news: it wasn't returned to me. Bad news: no news or refund sent to me. Has anyone else requested a refund? Did you get it?

Comment

Anyone Get a Refund Yet?

Bill, I really feel badly for Midrange Computing's subscribers. From what I understand, some party (not sure who) has filed a petition for involuntary chapter 7 bankruptcy in the Central District of California. I guess that is pretty rare. No assets were listed in the filing, which the clerk tells me is also unusual. I got this information from IIR's legal representative after leaving dozens upon dozens of unanswered messages. He called back in less than 5 minutes after I tracked down his home phone number. David Morris

Comment

Anyone Get a Refund Yet?

Hmmmmmmmm. It sounds as if there was a lot more to IIR than just running some publications. Dave

Comment

Anyone Get a Refund Yet?

Then Bob sue them in small claims court for the money you think is yours.

Comment

Anyone Get a Refund Yet?

I sent a letter demanding a pro-rata refund of my subscription to the defunct MC magazine over a month ago. Good news: it wasn't returned to me. Bad news: no news or refund sent to me. Has anyone else requested a refund? Did you get it?

Comment

Anyone Get a Refund Yet?

IANAL, but I have been in small claims court a few times. There are some problems with taking this route:
                [*]You have to find the right jurisdiction. Depending on a variety of factors, you may have to sue in the Florida county where IIR is located.[*]The time and cost of preparing your own case will probably be higher than the amount you can collect.[*]That is if you can collect. If IIR is in receivership, you could win the case, and still lose your money.[/list]It's just not worth the effort. IMO, the tact that IIR has taken on this issue is beneath contempt. They are indeed not worth the effort. Dave

Comment

Working...
              X