Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Source "flash in the pan." maybe , MAYBE not....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Source "flash in the pan." maybe , MAYBE not....

I'm not sure I follow your analogy. If you're implying that air traffic control, airport terminals, etc. are free then you're absolutely wrong. The $15,000 in income taxes, the $3,000 in property taxes, huge sums in sales taxes and many other taxes I pay prove that. If you're implying that items are shared equally (as in communism or open source) consider these two items: 1) No one without a paid ticket can go beyond the ticket counter in the "Open Source" airport terminals anywhere in the U.S. 2) My city (Thousand Oaks) spent $63 million in tax dollars to build a civic arts plaza. However, the average cost of a ticket to see a performance there is over $40. So much for the Open Source mentality. Nothing communistic about that! chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Bob Hamilton" wrote in message news:2187785f.0@WebX.WawyahGHajS... | Ever get on an airliner; that's your 'open source' to the MAX. The 'community' furnishes the airport, the air navigation system, supports the airlines, supplies persons to check your baggage for whatever blah de blah. Back some time ago there was an article describing an MBA dissertation in which the student figured up what a plane ticket from NY to LA would cost -- if the passenger actually had to pay for it -- and he quit adding it up when it got to $10,000 one way. FWIW, communism is not 'open source', it's 'OPEN SINK' . | | my $.02 | | bobh
Working...
X