Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reader Poll: Why Aren't You Implementing New Technologies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reader Poll: Why Aren't You Implementing New Technologies?

I have been trying to get our System/3,36 code into the present, but I cannot convince the powers-that-be to take the great leap, and do a complete redesign/rewrite. I would like to create the new user interfaces, but I have been stoned walled. It appears that our system lacks something and when I try to create a CGI interface, to show them what could be done, I get the comment “its not broke”. What I would like to suggest is that someone supply a check list of programs and any other resources needed to run CGI programs, I have tried to use the CGI programs you can down load from IBM, but I cannot get FTP to work for the upload, I don’t know or understand why. So.. before I get fired for rewriting the code into ILE and trying new things, I would like to write at least one CGI program to show the powers-that-be what could be done with a little hard work and time.

This is a discussion about Reader Poll: Why Aren't You Implementing New Technologies?.

Click here for the article.

Comment

Have you visited www.rpgiv.com It is written with CGI RPG. In fact, we just added a survey "module" to the website, so now we can create surveys and record the responses in OS/400 DB files. In addition, there are plenty of sample CGI programs on that site. In fact, you can actually run some of them on my machine (which hosts the website). Visit the downloads page at www.rpgiv.com/downloads for the examples, and then click on the "Live examples page" for CGI program examples.

Comment

Working...
      X