Adding NT Printer to AS/400 network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding NT Printer to AS/400 network

I have a HP 4000 Laser Jet printer hooked up to the NT network via an IP address. The printer was added to the AS/400 system as vertual. It has worked for several months, and we can no longer print via AS/400 to the printer. All microsoft documents can still print there. I have deleted the device and OutQ in the 400 and reinstalled all the information. It is still no longer working.

Do you have the correct IP address? What is the configuration of the OUTQ?

Comment

Andrea - Can you PING the printer from the /400? Are you certain of the correct IP address of the printer? Has the IP address of the printer changed? Questions, questions, questions . . . Steve

Comment

Steve - I do know the IP address is correct and has not changed. I am new to the /400 and don't know how to ping from the /400. Can you advise?

Comment

Glen- I do know the IP address is correct. here is a copy of the configuration: CRTOUTQ OUTQ(QUSRSYS/PI) RMTSYS(*INTNETADR) RMTPRTQ('PI') AUTOSTRWTR(1) CNNTYPE(*IP) DESTTYPE(*OTHER) MFRTYPMDL(*HP6) INTNETADR('192.168.0.80') SEPPAGE(*NO) TEXT('Collections Printer') Any information will be helpful. Thank you Andra

Comment

Michael - To PING by IP address - PING '99.99.99.99' where 99s are octets of the printer's IP address (you must have the single quotes) To PING by name - PING hostname where hostname is the printer name defined in option 10 of the CFGTCP command or the DNS name of the printer HTH, Steve

Comment

Okay, here is a silly question: do you have other printers that are remote printers? Is the printer started (STRRMTWTR)? The set up looks okay. What version of the operating system are you using? did the PING command work (were you able to ping the ip address)? If you can not ping the printer then it could be the NIC card for the printer. are all your host, print, and tcp/ip services up and running? Have you checked the actual writer device definition to make sure the mac address is correct?

Comment

Thank you for your help, I was able to resolve the problem.

Comment

Thank you for your help, you helped us solve our problem. Andrea

Comment

So what was the problem? Just curious, Steve

Comment

Working...
                    X