X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied
    SBMJOB RQSDTA

On Tuesday, January 12, 1999, 05:28 AM, Jeff Importico wrote: I was curious if there is anyone who has used the RQSDTA parameter on the SBMJOB command. Can it be used to auto call to another program when the SBMJOB is complete? Or will it call the second job as soon as the first is actually submitted? Just trying to keep up.... Jeff, Another way to call a program when a job ends is to send a scope message to *EXT. The API to send scope messages is QMHSNDSM which is documented in the message API manual. It works a lot like registering an exit program, but if the message is sent to *EXT the program specified on the scope message is called when the job ends rather than when the stack entry ends. David Morris

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied
    SBMJOB RQSDTA

On Tuesday, January 12, 1999, 05:28 AM, Jeff Importico wrote: I was curious if there is anyone who has used the RQSDTA parameter on the SBMJOB command. Can it be used to auto call to another program when the SBMJOB is complete?... Jeff, To change how a job is run, I would look at the routing data parameter on the submit job and routing programs for the subsystem. David Morris

Leave a comment:

• G.Gaunt
    Guest replied
    SBMJOB RQSDTA

When a batch job starts, the associated RQSDTA becomes a request message on the job's external message queue. The routing data you specify in SBMJOB triggers a routing entry program to run. The routing entry program can then execute RCVMSG to fetch the *RQS message, and then parse it for anything. If your batch job triggers the QCMD routing entry program, then QCMD will treat the request messages as a CL command and send it through the command runner. For example, the following commands produce identical results:
     SBMJOB CMD(CALL MYPROG) RQSDTA(*CMD) RTGDTA(QCMDB) SBMJOB RQSDTA('CALL MYPROG') RTGDTA(QCMDB) 

Leave a comment:

• J.Pluta
    replied
    SBMJOB RQSDTA

On Tuesday, January 12, 1999, 05:28 AM, Jeff Importico wrote: I was curious if there is anyone who has used the RQSDTA parameter on the SBMJOB command. Can it be used to auto call to another program when the SBMJOB is complete? Or will it call the second job as soon as the first is actually submitted?
    Hmmm scratching grizzled beard and squinting. Back when I was a young whippersnapper, RQSDTA was the (only) way to specify which command to execute. Nowadays, of course, they have that newfangled CMD keyword, which will actually allow prompting and such, but the old RQSDTA can still be used in a pinch. Seriously, though, RQSDTA tells the machine which program to run. The default is now *CMD, meaning use the contents of the CMD parameter. If not, you use the RQSDTA paramter. In fact, according to IBM:
     Command to run (CMD) Specifies a command that runs in the batch job, if the routing program used when this batch job is initiated is the IBM-supplied default routing program (QCMD). Because this command is used for the request data, this parameter is mutually exclusive with the Request data or command prompt (RQSDTA parameter). 
    So EITHER the CMD is run or the RQSDTA is run, not both. Joe

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest started a topic SBMJOB RQSDTA

SBMJOB RQSDTA

I was curious if there is anyone who has used the RQSDTA parameter on the SBMJOB command. Can it be used to auto call to another program when the SBMJOB is complete? Or will it call the second job as soon as the first is actually submitted? Just trying to keep up....
Working...
X