Looking for new bar code label printers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for new bar code label printers

We're in the market for new bar code label printers for our AS/400 (model 720, V4R4). Our old printers, which we love, are 5 years old, no longer manufactured or supported, and don't print a bar code symbology of UCC/EAN-128, for which we now have a need. Can I get some feedback on what printers folks are using? We definitely need something that's reliable; we produce between 3 and 4 million labels (4" x 6") a year. Thanks- Jim Michie

In the past years I've done alot of bar code labels... At the present time there's a couple of Companies that come to mind. Printronix & Printek. I'm sure there's others out there though. Thought this could be a start for you.

Comment

Have you looked at Intermec's offerings I have a couple of Intermec 3400C's that seem to do the job.....

Comment

Although it's been a few years since I used barcode printers, I have to recommend ZEBRA as an excellent printer that is easy to use, reliable and fast. I used TL Ashford software and the zebra printers. I imagine they're still in business but can't be sure. Jim Quinlan Clearwater, FL

Comment

I'll second the ZEBRA recommendation. We use their thermal printer and it's great and reliable. Rarely do we have anything more than a 'reset' problem with them.

Comment

My advice is to stay away from ZEBRAS !! theyre better off left in the jungle ! I was asked to implement these for a company who had already chosen them as a solution. I had an open mind about them but they constantly jammed with both the labels and the ribbon.....installing these and aligning the forms was also a real pain....and they used up a lot of expensive consumables...I eventually handed the running of them over to the respective departments but could never trust them to last a day without some intervention.....from me.... up to you...

Comment

Can anyone help me with some information on UCC/EAN-128 Barcode. Does CODE128 with Barcode keyword in DDS support this? Do I have to Concatinate FNC1(X'8F') with the data to print this? Or is it printer dependant? Please advise me. Thanks Bhaskar.

Comment

Zebra Printers and TL Ashford are a great combo. TL Ashford provides great technical support for both their software and Zebra Printers 800-541-4893

Comment

Working...
                X