HELP , going #%#%^ soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP , going #%#%^ soon

are you using client access express or the regular client access.

Comment

HELP , going #%#%^ soon

CA Express

Comment

HELP , going #%#%^ soon

Then you need to check your netserver configuration. This is how you can access QDSL and others. I am not very good with netserver but I think it was coverd by an article in the magazine this year.

Comment

HELP , going #%#%^ soon

Well after much hacking and chopping I have finally solved one part of my problem. Seems that the AFP printer was not setup as OUTPUT TYPE in my Doc Properties. That solved my problem of not being able to create an overlay on the 400. I then ran the job again but it still comes out without the overlay and my attributes value is : Device type . . . . . . . . . . . . . : PRINTER Printer device type . . . . . . . . . : *SCS I am not sure where to proceed at this point. Is my AFP printer setup wrong?

Comment

HELP , going #%#%^ soon

Michael, Well after much hacking and chopping I have finally solved one part of my problem. Seems that the AFP printer was not setup as OUTPUT TYPE in my Doc Properties. That solved my problem of not being able to create an overlay on the 400. I then ran the job again but it still comes out without the overlay and my attributes value is : Device type . . . . . . . . . . . . . : PRINTER Printer device type . . . . . . . . . : *SCS I am not sure where to proceed at this point. Is my AFP printer setup wrong? ========================= When I do one of these I use externally defined printer files, and on the printer file set the device type to *AFPDS Here is what the DSPFD of the printer file looks like, maybe this will help. Printer Attributes Device . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : DEV *JOB Printer device type . . . . . . . . . . . . : DEVTYPE *AFPDS Page size PAGESIZE Length . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 66 Width . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 132 Is it correct to say that the overlay must be in the *libl of the job that creates the spool file, else the overlay would not be seen when the spool file is viewed with OpnsNav?

Comment

HELP , going #%#%^ soon

Well my problem is solved. I went through the example in MC May 2000 and created the invoice with overlay. The thing that I had missed in my OVRPRTF in the CL was defining DEVTYPE(*AFPDS). I now have output with overlay. Now comes the tweeking to make everything line up properly. Thanks to one and all for your help. It was muchly appreciated. Michael

Comment

HELP , going #%#%^ soon

step 1: ping your as/400 name, from a DOS prompt. step 2: note down the IP number returned from your ping (in this example, 999.999.999.999) step 3: at a DOS prompt, enter "net use w: \999.999.999.999qdls", where "999.999...." is the IP number you pingged for, and "w:" is the drive letter you want to assign. You will be prompted for a password -- enter your as/400 password. See screen examples below: ================================================== C:>ping Pinging xxxxxxxxx.com 999.999.999.999 with 32 bytes of data: Reply from 999.999.999.999: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=63 Reply from 999.999.999.999: bytes=32 time<10ms TTL=63 Reply from 999.999.999.999: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=63 Reply from 999.999.999.999: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=63 Ping statistics for 999.999.999.999: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss), Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 1ms, Average = 0ms C:>net use w: \999.999.999.999qdls The password is invalid for \999.999.999.999QDLS. For more information, contact your network administrator. Type the password for \999.999.999.999QDLS:

Comment

HELP , going #%#%^ soon

I didn't see you mention the us of CPYFRMPCD. I've always had to run this command to move the .PRN file from tho QDLS folder to an (No extention) in the library of your choice. Once that is completed you can use STRAFPU to work with the overlay.

Comment

Working...
                  X