AFP printing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFP printing

Is it possible to change the attributes of printed data generated by a program described output, such as changing the CPI, bolding some lines etc, or is that only possible for externally described print files. This relates back to my AFP printing of a few days ago.

AFP printing

Attributes of internally described print files, may be changed only for the entire print file. i.e. - using the OVRPRTF CPI(15) will ensure that the entire print file will print at 15 CPI. It is not possible to change an individual line. The attributes for an externally defined print file may be defined at the file, record, or field level. Dave

Comment

AFP printing

Thank you

Comment

AFP printing

Is it possible to change the attributes of printed data generated by a program described output, such as changing the CPI, bolding some lines etc? Yes. A published example is in AS400Network, Tech Resources, December 1999 Code, program CHGCPI. For an *SCS printer device type, open the internally-described printer file with OVRPRTF RPLUNPRT(*NO), and write SNA Character Stream data along with your output. For example here is that CHGCPI program from AS400Network.
         * OVRPRTF FILE(QSYSPRT) RPLUNPRT(*NO) FQSYSPRT O F 132 printer D CPI_10 C const(X'2BD20429000A') D CPI_15 C const(X'2BD20429000F') C move *on *INLR OQSYSPRT T LR O +0 'NORMAL' O CPI_15 +0 O +4 'SCRUNCHED' O CPI_10 +0 O +0 'NORMAL'

Comment

AFP printing

Some users that like arial printing would like that. Is there a straight forward way to print A type of Arial is the printer spool file? What Cl changes would you need and i.e. CPI as it relates to the font size. How would you do Arial in font size 10, any ideas? We are trying to get a more user friendly report. "HP Lasar-Jet 5si" is the printer we use.

Comment

Working...
          X