WSC & Client Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSC & Client Access

I've got a WSC that I use with a Network connected printer that works (amazing). Now I've got to add a HP5 that is connected to a PC. The PC is connected with Client Access (R3v2- OS/ V4R3). The printer works, BUT doesn't seem to use the WSC file I set-up. Where is the proper spot to assign the WSC? I've tried on the 400 Printer Description and/or the CA pc setup session screen.

WSC & Client Access

Stuart, Have you done: CHGDEVPRT DEVD(devicename) WSCST(wsclibname/wscname)? Bill

Comment

WSC & Client Access

Well I broke-down and called IBM Support and got a fix. It seems when you set-up a printer thru Client Access and want to use WSC the printer model needs to be set to "other" then CA will use the WSC. ALSO the paper trays must be set with the proper paper sizes. It seems that the set-up for an IP connected printer and a CA connected printer don't follow the same rules. In the process of this conversation I also found out how to make the printer not send the operator a "change paper" or "align forms" message just for "This" printer only.

Comment

WSC & Client Access

Stuart, I don't mean to contradict you, but you got my head spinning, so I have to ask. I have been successful in using WSC for several months now with 3 different printers attached to PCs-Win95 w/ CA v3r2. The printer type is always 3812 model 1. The manufacturer type and model do not allow for *NONE. I cannot find any parameter with a value of "*OTHER". Can you identify in what command and command parameter this "*OTHER" can be entered? I am asking this question because I have been frustrated in getting some LAN attached printers to work properly.

Comment

WSC & Client Access

I am also searching for some kinds of fix for my TCPIP printing issue, I have a printer connected to a PC Via C/A 5250 emulation, with this set up the font and pitch is ok, eversince I converted this printer to a TCPIP LAN printer, the printout is compressed and the pitch size is rather small. Do I have to use WSC to rectify this problem? As I have many printers that will be converted to TCPIP LAN printing, any pointer to resolve this issue is greatly appreciated . TIA..

Comment

WSC & Client Access

What type of printer is it. How is it connected to the lan - ie Jetdirect box / internal / external and - what port is it on? with this info I can help!!

Comment

WSC & Client Access

Carl, most of the printers here are Lexmark ranging from OPtra R, RT, 1650s, 2450 3455 and T series. They have internal nic and is configured to port 9100. Thanks for replying...

Comment

WSC & Client Access

OK, Laser printers are much easier to configure than dot matrix!! Can I assume that you have created a printer on the AS400? and that this is working OK but the font sizes are wrong on the output? Carl

Comment

Working...
                X