Changing over from a IPDS printer to a TCP/IP printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing over from a IPDS printer to a TCP/IP printer

I am working with a IBM network 17 printer on a IPDS twinax connection, and I want to use ym HP laserjet 4050 on my TCP/IP network instead. When I print pages to the IPDS printer the custom fonts,ect.. come out as they should but when I print to the TCP printer the fonts don't come out correctly and I get about 4-5 colums cut off from the right side of the page, any ideas on how to make it print the same on both printers?

We have a similar set up (except the IPDS printers are on ethernet). We noticed the same thing and our conclusion is that unless both printers are set up as IPDS this will continue to handle. There is an additional conversion that is done to the file on the IPDS printer that is not done on the non-IPDS printer (so we are told). The only suggestion is to go into the printer configuration on the HP and see what you can do with page size, margins, etc.

Comment

Thank You for the info, if anyone heres of a fix or something to worrk around this please let me know

Comment

You could also look at using Workstation customization - you can change fonts etc etc etc

Comment

I don't know if your still having problems but I use Lexmark printers with Flash memory and bar code Simms and have can eliminate AFP and IPDS altogether We imbed hex codes in the spool files combined with overlays can eliminate all printing of forms as well. I beleive HP printers have some or all of the same capabilities.

Comment

Working...
          X