Retrieving the *WSCST object source ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrieving the *WSCST object source ?

Hi, can anyone help me and say if it is a way to retrieve source of *WSCST object, which isn't system supply ? I have *WSCST object (hp4lcus) created by someone and I need to retrieve source. RTVWSCST command didn't allow me to retrieve source: "Manufacturer type and model value not valid". How can I do it ? Thanks for any tips, Grzegorz

Do a Display Object Description on the *WSCST. Option 8 should give you where the source is. If it is missing I don't know how to retrieve it.

Comment

IBM does not appear to supply an API for retrieving the source of a *WSCST object, and the RTVWSCST command only allows you to specify an existing IBM-supplied *WSCST, as in: RTVWSCST DEVTYPE(*TRANSFORM) MFRTYPMDL(*HP5) SRCMBR(RtvHP5) SRCFILE(yourlib/QTXTSRC) TEXT('Retrieved *HP5 Workstation Customization') However, it's possible to retrieve the source of a user-created *WSCST by renaming an existing IBM *WSCST in QSYS and copying your *WSCST to the old name in QSYS. For example, when you do RTVWSCST with MFRTYPMDL(*HPDBCS), the source is retrieved from object QSYS/QWPHPDBCS. Here's how it would work: 1. Rename an existing WSCST: RNMOBJ OBJ(QSYS/QWPHPDBCS) OBJTYPE(*WSCST) NEWOBJ(QWPHPDBCS1) 2. Duplicate the user-created WSCST you want to retrieve: CRTDUPOBJ OBJ(YourWSCST) FROMLIB(YourLib) OBJTYPE(*WSCST) TOLIB(QSYS) NEWOBJ(QWPHPDBCS) 3. Retrieve the source: RTVWSCST DEVTYPE(*TRANSFORM) MFRTYPMDL(*HPDBCS) SRCMBR(YourWSCST) SRCFILE(YourLIB/QTXTSRC) TEXT('Retrieved Source of YourWSCST') 4. Delete the duplicate of your WSCST: DLTWSCST WSCST(QSYS/QWPHPDBCS) 5. Rename the original WSCST back: RNMOBJ OBJ(QSYS/QWPHPDBCS1) OBJTYPE(*WSCST) NEWOBJ(QWPHPDBCS) I'm sure similar methods could be applied to non-printer WSCSTs.

Comment

http://www-1.ibm.com/servlet/support...25673E00507537 take this link it will walk you through what you are asking.

Comment

Working...
        X