Blank pages except after last page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blank pages except after last page

We have a query that generates a 3 page report. If you look at it in WRKSPLF, it shows that the spoolfile is 3 pages. If you print it on a twinax printer it prints 3 pages. If you print it on a *LAN *IP printer it prints 5 pages. Page 1 = spool page 1, page 2 is blank, page 3 = spool page 2, page 4 is blank, page 5 = spool page 3. It is not a page overflow problem - last print line on any page is line 56. Query print file QPQUPRFIL overflow is set at line 62. I deleted and re-created the query, but having same problem. I've run out of ideas on what could be causing this on just this query report.

Kim, Just a guess, how wide is the print? more that 132 positions? could it possibly be wrapping???? good luck

Comment

It's not wrapping, but I found how to fix it. The print width of this report is 157 characters and I suspect that when the system was formatting for a laser page it was trying to maintain the same aspect ratio for the page and ended up overflowing the page. I used an OVRPRTF to change CPI from 15 to 16.7 and LPI from 8 to 9. It is now just a slightly smaller image on the page, but I got rid of the blank pages.

Comment

Kim, Glad the problem is resolved. I appreciate your posting your solution. Regards

Comment

Working...
        X