AS400 printing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS400 printing

I want to be able to print from one of our AS400s... I've tried copying a Rumba printer profile for a different AS400, and changing the host system name, but not surprisingly it didn't work. How do I go about creating the necessary AS400 outqs and writers? Thanks Kate

AS400 printing

We need more information: How is the printer connected to the AS/400? Is it a network printer (with an IP address); or a parallel port printer attached to a PC; or twinax connected. What type of printer: HP, IBM, does it have any IPDS type printer chip in it? What types of iSeries printouts do you want to print: just plain *SCS print outs? Spool files with overlays? Trevor

Comment

AS400 printing

http://www.as400service.ibm.com/supp...ument/10000051 This web site may be a good start for you. If you wish to print AS/400 TCP/IP to a LAN attached printer using TCP/IP you can use CRTOUTQ (Printer automatically created) or CRTDEVPRT (outq automatically created), or you could use IBM Client Access printer emulation for a network printer or a local printer attached to a PC. Or print via your LAN Print server.... There are many different ways to print but your question is a loaded one, to answer one will need to know the type of printer, how it is connected, the network etc.

Comment

AS400 printing

It's a network HP printer with an IP address. I created an outq and a devd, but it never seems to be associated with a writer. Do I need to create a new one? Kate

Comment

AS400 printing

If you use CRTOUTQ with *INTNETADR then there will be no DEVD. There is no need to use the STRPRTWTR command, instead you use the STRRMTWTR (Start Remote Writer)command. When TCP/IP was introduces this was the only way to use IP....(and not very functional, no page range printing or messages) Later, there came the CRTDEVPRT command to create a LAN DEVD, this is probably the best option for you if it's a LAN attached printer (if it's over a WAN maybe not) This will have all the functionality of the old SNA type printers, and is more of a traditional AS/400 config. The web site I gave you earlier has documents on how to do both of these go to the Print section and you may have to COLLAPSE all the topics to see this Support Line Knowledge Base Print Previous Next Expand Collapse Search Advanced Function Print (AFP) Data Collection/Traces Host Print Transform (HPT) Miscellaneous Print Issues Network Attached Printers General Remote Output Queues (RMTOUTQs) (this is for Remote writers) *LAN 3812 PJL Device Descriptions (this is for the LAN devd) *LAN 3812 SNMP Device Descriptions *LAN IPDS Device Descriptions Network Print and Virtual Print Printer Emulation PTF Twinax-Attached Printers I hope this help you......

Comment

AS400 printing

Just creating the device (using CRTDEVPRT) should create the outq. There is no command to create a writer, its associated with the device. What happens when you STRPRTWTR with the device you created? Trevor

Comment

AS400 printing

Hi Trevor, I have a similar problem like Kate. I have a a parallel port printer attached to a PC, it is not a network print, printer is a lexmart lazer; the pc talk to as400 by twinax connected using client access for window. could you assist me how to get this print to print from as400 from this pc. Thank you Bryant

Comment

Working...
              X