How to create a WSCST?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create a WSCST?

I have tried to understand the manual "OS/400 Workstation Customization Programming V4R3" and at a loss. I have a Lexmark Optras attached to a PC that is using Client Access Express Printer emulation. I need to create a WSCST to force all printing from the AS/400 to that printer to be in portrait mode. The options from the printer emulation don't always work when it comes to the font. If the spool files has certain options (i.e. Font = *CPI) the report prints with the letters/numbers overlapping each other. The manual basically gives you the commands to use in the WSCST but doesn't really help someone that has never done this to write/modify one to do what they want to do. I retrieved the source for the WSCST of the Lexmark Optra S and now I need to modify it. I think this is the only way I can get this to work the way the user want it to. (BTW, I can't tell him he can't because he was able to do this through Netsoft and he is the Head of Accounting).

How to create a WSCST?

If you just want to modify the *WSCST strseu srcfile(qgpl/qtxtsrc) srcmbr(xxxxx) type(txt) text(lexmark source) Where xxxxx is the Lexmark WSCST This is for an HP5 but should be the same as far as orientation statement goes. I only pasted in a small part........ *************** Beginning of d 0001.00 :WSCST DEVCLASS=TRANSFORM. 0002.00 0003.00 :TRNSFRMTBL. 0004.00 :PRTDTASTRM 0005.00 DATASTREAM=HPPCL5. 0006.00 :NOPRTBDR 0007.00 OPTION=TOP 0008.00 ORIENT=PORTRAIT 0009.00 DATA = 240. 0010.00 :NOPRTBDR 0011.00 OPTION=LEFT 0012.00 ORIENT=PORTRAIT 0013.00 DATA = 360. 0014.00 :NOPRTBDR 0015.00 OPTION=RIGHT 0016.00 ORIENT=PORTRAIT FMT ** ...+... 1 ...+... 2 ... 0009.00 DATA = 240. 0010.00 :NOPRTBDR 0011.00 OPTION=LEFT 0012.00 ORIENT=PORTRAIT 0013.00 DATA = 360. 0014.00 :NOPRTBDR 0015.00 OPTION=RIGHT 0016.00 ORIENT=PORTRAIT 0017.00 DATA = 360. 0018.00 :NOPRTBDR 0019.00 OPTION=BOTTOM 0020.00 ORIENT=PORTRAIT 0021.00 DATA = 240. 0022.00 :NOPRTBDR 0023.00 OPTION=TOP 0024.00 ORIENT=LANDSCAPE 0025.00 DATA = 240.

Comment

How to create a WSCST?

Brian, I have the source from the rtvwscst. The problem is now to determine what needs to be changed in order for the printer to always print portrait. When it is supposed to print (normally) lanscape (greater than 80) the CPI should be 17.1 or 16.6 (I think the AS/400 only handles the 16.6).

Comment

How to create a WSCST?

Have you experimented with the "Transform print data to ASCII on AS/400" checkbox in the CA setup? This determines where the emulation takes place and whether you need a WSCST object or (on the pc) a Printer Definition Table. It also might be worth checking out the PAGRTT parm on OVRPRTF...set it to *AUTO. hth Tom

Comment

How to create a WSCST?

The problem is that the spool files come from the Infinium software. We don't modify the Infinium software. I have tried using the option you spoke of (plus others). Even selecting portrait only on the page set up for the CA emulation session. I can get the spool files to print portrait but the fonts keep changing. I get some reports printing good then others have the letters and numbers overlapping. There is a set of reports that this particular user prints but others also print them to other printers (not in portrait mode). Unless we went through and changed every possible report to have the same exact setting (which Infinium uses multiple settings) we need a solution that is specific to the printer and for all spool files. As far as I can tell, using a WSC is the only way to try and set all the setting we need for the printer. The printing he does from the pc needs to stay as is.

Comment

How to create a WSCST?

On the printer dev. description, how is Host Print Transform set?

Comment

How to create a WSCST?

Glen, Just a reminder. If you are using a WSCST inside a CA printer session, you should specify "Other Printer" for the printer model, otherwise your WSCST entry (inside Customizing Object) will be ignored.

Comment

How to create a WSCST?

I used both options of turning it on (through CA) and off. Depending on the options on the spool file the font changed. The printer correctly prints in portrait but the font changes. I have both turned on and off the Shrink to fit (I think that is what it says). Our Tech Support (outside vendor) tried to create a PDF for the printer and it seems to work for now. The user has only sent one report to the printer so far. The Tech Support is supposed to return. When I don't know.

Comment

How to create a WSCST?

How would I set up the WSCST to print labels from the AS400 to the OS390?

Comment

Working...
                  X