Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restricting list of printers that a user can see when working with spool files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restricting list of printers that a user can see when working with spool files?

Is there a way to restrict the list of printers that a user can print to when working with spool files? An example would be that I want users in Acounting to only see the printers near the Accounting dept when they choose option 2 on the WRKSPLF display. Any help would be appreciated.

Only give the users authority to see/use the printers(OUTQ's) that you want them to use.

Comment

Thanks Chris. I took away authority to the printers I don't want them to use but they still show up in the list of printers when you choose option 2 from the WRKSPLF display. If they choose an unauthorized printer they get a message saying that they don't have authority. Since we have about 300 printers I want to restrict the list that comes up to only the printers they have authority to. Steve

Comment

Reaching into my magic hat......gulp..... Could you write your own WRKSPLF command, that read a file that contained the printers you want them use. By department or..... then pass that info to the real WRKSPLF command. It sounds ugly, but I'm out of ideas.

Comment

Sorry guys, but having a list of authorized printers or outqs is not that ugly ! I built a variable menu from which user have access to a specific outqs depending on the user by building groups of outqs. Then you could have user A, B and C having access to outqs OQ1, OQ2 & OQ10, user D having access to outqs OQ1, OQ5 and QSNDFAX and so on. That tool is great beacause it can be integrated from and to any environment on AS/400 and does not crush any *LDA or switch or library list. If you need more info sne me email clachanc@total.net OR clachance@isynergy.com

Comment

Working...
          X