Controlling Copies and spool access??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controlling Copies and spool access??

I have certain printouts that from an auditing point of view cannot be reprinted, and other reports that cannot be viewed by other users. Question: Is there a way I can lock the "COPIES" and "SAVE" fields so a user cannot reprint certain report? Question 2: How can I avoid a user to browse another user's spool files? Thank you in advance...

As for question 2, Each user may be set up with a distinct job description that specifies an output queue. You may also set up a separate output queue for each user as defined on the job description. The job description for the user is specified in the user's user profile. With restricted access, the user may only see the spool files in their own output queue, and perhaps common outqueues that are attached to a writer. If the user desires a printed copy, then they will simply change the out queue to the common outqueue. Dave

Comment

Richard, Search this forum using WRKSPLF for more info

Comment

For question 1, there are a couple of ways. The easiest might be to have your own version of CHGSPLFA in a library ahead of QSYS. Your version would not show (or would show but not allow changes to ) the COPIES and SAVE parms. You can make your own CHGSPLFA by using the RTVCMDSRC command (a utility available at the "other" magazine), modifying the source to change those parms, and recompiling it to another library. Another way, if you're on V4R5, is to use the new API and exit programs for commands. I haven't tried using them, and they have some limitations that may apply. See the InfoCenter, http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/pubs/h.../apis/pgm1.htm. To avoid modifying the IBM command directly, CRTDUPOBJ on CHGSPLFA and put it in a library above QSYS. The description of the Command Analyzer Change Exit Program says (in part): If changing the command is allowed, the exit program can change the command string so that the command analyzer processes a command from a different library or a completely different command. It also can change any or all of the parameters specified on the command.

Comment

To stop user's from viewing other spool files except the one's they created.. you can put this security on the outputq. CHGOUTQ QOUTQ(OUTPUTQ) OPRCTL(*NO) AUTCHK(*OWNER) Also make sure the user profiles don't have *SPLCTL authority.

Comment

I have implemented the output queue security that you outlined but this has created another problem - My users can not display other users spool files (which I want) but now when some users try and start the printer (For their own jobs) the system tells them they don't have access to the command. Is there any way to allow them access to start them printer, while not allowing them to view other print jobs? thx Dave

Comment

Working...
            X