Pagerange Problem with IP Printing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pagerange Problem with IP Printing

Rajesh, One solution that is relatively inexpensive is a utility called spltool. I do not use it, but I know people that have and they say that it worked fairly well. It is shareware and available at BVS Tools. David Morris

Go to the iseries web site and search for TSPRWPR. This is a "User data transform" program that you can download and use to allow page range management of RMTOUTQ printers. HTH, Steve

Comment

Hi, After creating IP OUTQ on Iseries - 820 with V4R5 , I am facing the problem of the pagerange setting / printing. Even if we give number of pages to print the printer prints from the First page to last page. I have heard that there is solution to this problem but could not find it. Let me know if solution is possible.

Comment

I found this to work for page range (and multiple copy) solutions on IP printers: TECH TIP: PRINTING A SPECIFIC PAGE RANGE http://www.as400network.com/nwn/story.cfm?ID=10967 Q. We use an AS/400 model 720 (V4R3M0) and an IBM6400 printer. When we try to print only a particular page, the printer prints all the pages at once. How can I print a specific page? A. The current standard for LPR under TCP/IP, which is the standard IBM uses for remote output queues, doesn't support page-range printing. However, IBM has provided a solution using special printer drivers for Hewlett-Packard and IBM printers that communicate with many HP, Lexmark, IBM, and other LAN-based printers on a different port than the one LPR uses. To communicate with these drivers, use command CRTDEVPRT (Create Device Description (Printer)) on the AS/400 (this command works only with external JetDirect cards). The printer requires no special setup except that you must configure it to use the TCP/IP protocol. Most of the newer HP printers (HP4 and later) use port 9100 for this communication. The following command creates a printer device description for an IBM6400: CRTDEVPRT DEVD(IBM6400) DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) LANATTACH(*IP) PORT(9100) FONT(11) FORMFEED(*CONT) MSGQ(QSYSOPR) PARITY(*NONE) STOPBITS(1) TRANSFORM(*YES) MFRTYPMDL(*IBM6400) PPRSRC1(*LETTER) RMTLOCNAME(xxxxx) SYSDRVPGM(*IBMPJLDRV) Note that RMTLOCNAME is the IP name of your printer. I've named the printer IBM6400 here, but you can name it anything you desire. I've also specified port 9100, which is the most common port. But if this doesn't work, try port 2501, which is the port for IBM Network printers. You must have the device varied on and start it with the STRPRTWTR (Start Printer Writer) command. Now, page range and all other handy commands used with locally attached printers will work. -- Terry Silva, NEWS/400 Tech Editor

Comment

Working...
        X