Converting from Twinax Printers to TCP/IP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting from Twinax Printers to TCP/IP

Do you know if the Dot-Matrix Printers had special "cards/chipsets" to convert the codes to barcodes? I am currently investigating the capability of using BARCODE keyword in DDS (PRTF) and have recently learned that there exists some card/chip requirements for laser printers also to print barcodes. Hope this will help.

No, we had no special cards added to the printers. They are plain run of the mill dot-matrix printers that have been swapped out and replaced many times throughout the 8+ years we have been doing these barcodes.

Comment

If you are not using the DDS keyword BARCODE, then you should try looking at the printer manual...

Comment

Pat, If, as you say, you simply swap the dot-matrix printers, this bar-code-printing feature is probably not resident in the printers. There has to be a device intercepting the data stream to convert to bar codes prior to reaching the printers. Such a device is not likely to be attached to the printer. Rather, it will be attached somewhere along the twinax cable. Alternatively, if the printer is attached to a PC running on 5250 emulation, there could be a resident PC software package doing this. To get the answer to your question, you have to find this device or PC software. Then find it's user manual.

Comment

The codes looks like a Praim twinax converter. This &%H are used by Praim to print barcodes.

Comment

Hi All, I am trying to Print Bar Code 128 with FNC1 (Which identifies symbology as "UCC/EAN - 128"). I am able to print simple bar code 128 but not able to add this symbology. I using DDS command on IBM Network Printer 24 which is BAR CODE(CODE128 9 (*RATIO 2.5) (*-W IDTH 0.020) X'8F') SPACE(001). I am new to BarCode can anyone help me on this Thanks, Amit

Comment

We have several twinax dot-matrix printers on the shop floor that print bar codes on our production tickets. The bar codes are generated based on the specs in the DDS for the print file. There is some source code of the print file that looks like this: A 14 A '&%H5,B,C,N,Y,' A #TICK 6S 0O 20 A 24 A '&%' The #TICK field physically prints as a bar code on our twinax printers, but on the new TCP/IP printers it prints as '&%H5,B,C,N,Y'. I have 2 questions: 1) Assuming the &% symbols are a Begin and End tags, what does the H5,B,C,N,Y mean? 2) What do I have to do to get this to work on the TCP/IP printers. I was told by our tech support dept(I am an applications programmer) that the TCP/IP printers are connected using an AXIS 5470E.

Comment

Working...
              X